• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Possible tranny damage?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lboyd1
  • Start date Start date May 15, 2009

lboyd1

New Member
Apr 17, 2009
1
0
0
May 15, 2009
#1
  • May 15, 2009
  • #1
I installed a FRPP aluminum drive shaft on my 2002 GT this morning. I broke the 4 shaft bolts loose with a twelve point socket and a regular hammer. Instead of using a pry bar to lock the shaft in place I just pulled the parking break and put the 5 speed in first. When I took it for a test drive I had a slight high pitched whine coming from what seems like the transmission, I'm positive that the sound wasn't there before. What do you guys think? Is it possible I damaged the tranny with the hammer blows. I had to wack the bolts pretty hard to break them loose.Maybe the output shaft or bearing? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
 

flstang65

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
1,484
135
94
SE Georgia
May 15, 2009
#2
  • May 15, 2009
  • #2
Where you hitting them with a direct hit to the head in the flange coming out of the tail shaft?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

3
Eight inches is enough for me...
  • 351MooseStang
  • Nov 27, 2025
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
5
Views
685
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Mar 2, 2026
Bullitt347
Resolved 87' GT hatch project
  • Stopman33
  • Dec 24, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 3 4 5
Replies
85
Views
3K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 28, 2026
Stopman33
New Member with a 1992
  • Clutchfork
  • Oct 18, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
5
Views
378
The Welcome Wagon Oct 19, 2025
Clutchfork
M
2001 v6 heater hose quick connect question
  • mnky99
  • Sep 24, 2025
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
684
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Sep 26, 2025
mnky99
M
B
'03 GT Fuel Pump/Pressure/Delivery Issue
  • Brodach
  • Oct 21, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
1K
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Oct 31, 2025
gkomo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?