Post# 1 A Stupid Question And Hi.

Stevenmverrill

5 Year Member
Oct 24, 2017
Don't have a Chilton's yet, and need in car wire diagram, to figure out why I have no turn signals.

This evning I got as far as:
.All bulbs and 4way flashers work
.at the flasher it's self (the yellow bimetal switch thing, plug) the turn signal switch triggers continuity between R/with Light stripe and blue, in both left and right directions.

As for an introduction:

What's up every one,

I just got a 94 that I want to street, autocross, drag, road race, ext.. sky, and a budget is the limit! However, this winter I am working towards practical goals, that will have the car presentable, street, autocross, and meet worthy come early spring.

So far, it's a solid rust free car with what seams like a stout, recently went through, 5.0 with iron heads,(have not pulled valve cover yet) gears, and a cam. I got it with a trans that would not find second Gear. After tearing down the trans to find, the second gear, and the female part of second gear not worth saving I'm doing full rebuild homework, and running on a 200$ 95 3.8 trans (world class with slightly wider gearing)for the time being.

Things i have got to so far:
I got wheels and tires on the car, better oem size break linings, seats, lowering springs, caster/camber plates, adjustable rod ends, ac/smog/egr delete, and a stripped interior ready for some caging.

Any way here it is, and hello

Attachments

• 20171024_160219.jpg
    20171024_160219.jpg
    731 KB · Views: 361
  • Sponsors (?)

This evning I got as far as:
.All bulbs and 4way flashers work
.at the flasher it's self (the yellow bimetal switch thing, plug) the turn signal switch triggers continuity between R/with Light stripe and blue, in both left and right directions.

Need a better description of what's going on than this.

If you're getting stray voltage, I'd suggest that you're missing a ground connection behind the dash (perhaps broken wire).

Need a better description of what's going on than this.

If you're getting stray voltage, I'd suggest that you're missing a ground connection behind the dash (perhaps broken wire).
Ah....Please explain WTH is "stray voltage"? Voltage is electrical "pressure" found between two points. It doesn't "move through", ya can't have "12 V going through here", etc. Maybe I'm too dense to understand. imp

Thanks for the input. Can anyone steer me in the direction of a wire diagram?

I made a beef attempt at pining my way to understanding it, but it's a little too complicated for me to figure it out that way, and definitely don't expect to get far guessing across the Internet.

My best guess is its the turn signal switch but, I want to confirm that before I start throwing parts at a broken wire or something.

The best info I got now is the 4 way flashers work,

Ah....Please explain WTH is "stray voltage"? Voltage is electrical "pressure" found between two points. It doesn't "move through", ya can't have "12 V going through here", etc. Maybe I'm too dense to understand. imp

Commonly, stray voltage is where a circuit finds a path to ground when the path that it was meant to travel does not exit.

Like water and air, electricity takes the path of least resistance.

Reactions: 2 users
Check out veryuseful.com

5 min fix with a diagram. Thank you!

I will now admit, it was a blown #1 fuse... lol. with the 4 ways working I over looked fuse assuming it had power...

It now makes sense. The flasher has 2 circuits running through it, one of watch presumably having 1/2 the load handling to keep the speed the same with four ways. Also the need for two power sources so that for ways work with the ignition off.

Again, thank you, and that website will help me boat loads in the future!

Commonly, stray voltage is where a circuit finds a path to ground when the path that it was meant to travel does not exit.

Like water and air, electricity takes the path of least resistance.
All very true, except the term seems misplaced.....what finds it's way to ground is current, not voltage, but OK, so semantics. I always try to dispel belief that "there's 12 volts going through there", and try to explain voltage may exist between 2 POINTS, and just sit there waiting for a circuit between those 2 points. Nothing happens until current can flow between those 2 points.

Even in the case of static charge, which can cause a spark between your finger and some grounded object, the charge consists of voltage existing between 2 points, the finger and ground. imp

I'm a Haynes man myself.

Chiltons repair manual in a nutshell:

How to replace your rear main seal,
1. Disconnect negative battery terminal
2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. :poo: about safety.
10. Replace rear main seal.
11. Reconnect negative battery terminal.

Kurt

Reactions: 2 users
@Noobz347
Now, having said the above, I'll finish with this: my impression of you is that you could be a retired Admiral, totally and insufferably engrossed in garnering obedience from your men. This is not intended to be insolence. Rather, a view from outside your little local "clique", which seems more interested in "funnin' " with each other than truly dedicating information for new members, even though you "fawn" doing so.

I should be as accepting as the rest of your "fold", grin, bear it, and go on. That would lower myself to your level, so, no.

I will be surprised if this post exists tomorrow, or beyond, and if it does, will only hope it exercises some restraint of thought amongst those, mostly newcomers, who stand in awe of power.
PIMP