Post pictures of your rear seat setup.....

mustangman70

Founding Member
Dec 30, 2001
St pete, Florida
Since the interior is out im thinkign about just deleting the back seat...

Post up what you have done.

Also im thinking of putting a set of newer 03 cobra seats in the front... i would put the rears in too if its not too much trouble on the 70.....any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

just say theres no legroom or take the seatbelts out. i have the '03 cobra rears in my car, and they barely weigh anything. a peice of wood for a rear seat delete would weigh more than the seats... it takes some time and creativeness to install the rears, but its definately worth it

I don't think a 70 would look right with a delete. Gotta have some kinda seat in there or the interior rear quarters will look out of place.

Oh, but I'll run you with my back seats in...... Just another 70 coupe :D

when i did my rear seat delete i used a sheet of aluminum and some aluminum square tubing. i used some card board to finds the shape and then bent the aluminum to match. the aluminum tubing was from home depot and i flare the ends so i could bolt them into the side panels for support.

i did this a few years ago and it worked great. the only thing i didn't like is that people would come over to my car after i would race and say its fast because the interior is out.

it would piss me off:bang:

here is a drawing of how i did it...
rearseatdeletegq2.png

Attachments

• rearseatdeletegq2.png
    rearseatdeletegq2.png
    7 KB · Views: 39
12sec67 said:
the only thing i didn't like is that people would come over to my car after i would race and say its fast because the interior is out.

it would piss me off:bang:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Ya know what ya say then?....."allright ******* throw your fat a$S friend in my car and lets go again"

Thanks for the chart man ill have to go take some measurements. Shouldent be too hard. What did you use to secure it Down?

mustangman70 said:
Maybe if i find a set of cobra seats cheap....Keep an eye out ima go look ebay right now

your best bet is to get on some local boards and find a wrecked cobra, or one being parted out. i just picked up a set of cobra seats for my friend for under $500. the fronts needed some cleaning, and still do. But you cant beat $500...