Post your aftermarket shift knobs

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure this counts as aftermarket.

Ford Racing 5-spd. LMR sells a knock-off, but the top cap on the LMR is plastic while the FR is metal

E465DA7A-81B5-4AE4-A010-8F12346BBECD.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Currently using the leather Motorsport knob but have been tempted to pull the trigger on one of these from time to time. Anyone have experience with the pistol grip and can offer some opinions on hand position/comfort?
hurst pistol grip knob.jpg
I run that shifter, I really like it. There is one with a button on top I’ve used for nitrous and it worked well. Also have the standard version.

The pistol always felt comfortable for me. It’s really nice if you have a short throw base, since it makes it not seem so short and notchy.

The Ford leather one is the way to go.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
I've got the a hurst pistol grip. Been using it for 20 years. It's comfortable for me. I also have always had some sort of aftermarket shifter base.

Reactions: 1 user
The Ford leather one is the way to go.

Kurt
I have this one and have had it for years.
My only complaint would be that even when screwed all the way down, the top feels rubbery, especially under aggressive driving.
Do i like it? Yes, but i'm not totally sure it goes with the feel of a fox mustang, it's more at home in a 94+ where the interior is a bit more modern and plush.

Just keep in mind i liked the original bent hurst handle with the 8 ball style knob with plastic insert and the paper pattern inside that rattled.
I have this NOS saleen knob to go on my steeda trix ax handled tremec shift.
Just have to drill the handle for the set screw. Zero chance i'm trusting it with pressure alone.

Without enlarging the holes on the shifter itself i don't think i can make the old hurst handle work.
Though i wish i could.

PXL_20221118_133825084.jpg PXL_20221118_133818253.jpg

Forgot I ran a factory 03-04 Mach 1 knob for a while.

It’s actually quite terrible. Hand slips off it if your palms are sweaty, and back when I had it in my 03 GT daily driver, it would be freezing on icy days and blazing hot in the summer.

05AAE565-FD66-4930-89AE-36FC9300EFA7.jpeg