Post your aftermarket shift knobs

I have this one and have had it for years.
My only complaint would be that even when screwed all the way down, the top feels rubbery, especially under aggressive driving.
Do i like it? Yes, but i'm not totally sure it goes with the feel of a fox mustang, it's more at home in a 94+ where the interior is a bit more modern and plush.

Just keep in mind i liked the original bent hurst handle with the 8 ball style knob with plastic insert and the paper pattern inside that rattled.
I have this NOS saleen knob to go on my steeda trix ax handled tremec shift.
Just have to drill the handle for the set screw. Zero chance i'm trusting it with pressure alone.

Without enlarging the holes on the shifter itself i don't think i can make the old hurst handle work.
Though i wish i could.

PXL_20221118_133825084.jpg PXL_20221118_133818253.jpg
That's what makes it the best balance. When you are truly throttle on shifting a car fast, you need it to be a little bit rubbery. A hard shift knob just busts up your hand. It's also a good look for your street car.

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

Found this hurst shift handle and I really like how it looks. What do you guys think about doing that handle with a black hurst shift knob like the one below? Also, which handle is more comfortable, the bent or straight style? Also which height would you guys recommend: 6,8, or 10 inch?

Found this hurst shift handle and I really like how it looks. What do you guys think about doing that handle with a black hurst shift knob like the one below? Also, which handle is more comfortable, the bent or straight style? Also which height would you guys recommend: 6,8, or 10 inch?
If you’re running a round ball style shift knob and have a short shift base I’d probably go with the 8in one. If you don’t have a short shifter I’d do the 6in.

Do you know how you go about putting that through the shift boot and making it look good? Is there some way to secure the leather boot around the handle?
I’d think you could just slide the boot over it and it’ll just hold itself in place. That’s what I did with my burst shifter.

Isn't the stock boot designed to ride high on the stick and is designed for a round lever?
You’re probably right on that. I don’t have a factory boot in mine.
Yea I guess I’ll see how that looks I’m just worried the boot is going to cover that nice handle. If anything I’ll come up with some sort of rig to keep the boot low.
Just get the hurst bezel and boot. It sits pretty low on the handle.

I'm still a fan of the B&M shifters because it comes back farther with the double bend than the single bend. Mustangs are kind of known for having the shifter too far forward.

Kurt