Posting Live From "beautiful" Downtown Burbank...

Octavius_Rex

May 31, 2012
Hi stangnet.I just got my '67 coupe up and running, and I came across your forum here while trying to figure out what was going on with my brake warning light. Thanks to your archives I was able to figure out that there was a problem with my rear wheel cylinder before I experienced any catastrophic mechanical failures, so thanks for that!

Owning and driving a Mustang is probably the oldest dream or goal that I've ever had. When I was a baby, my mom and I lived out of her '65, crashing on people's couches and floors between her various classes and jobs. My oldest and fondest memories are of the two of us cruising down the road in that beautiful machine. When we moved in to Burbank, the owner of the house we rented was storing his '67 in a carport in the backyard. If you were to total up all the time I spent through my childhood staring at that car, it would probably add up to a few years. One time, I found the door unlocked when he was out of town for a couple weeks. I got behind the wheel, and wished so hard I could drive it. If only I wasn't a child without a license or a penny to my name. If only it would wait for me. Little did I know that right around the time I got my first job(on the books at least), he would be getting ready to sell it. I had only to get it started, and I could buy it from him. I was beset by some financial misfortune, and the car ended up sitting for another six years. After fortune twisted in my favor once again, I now have the car in running condition. It still needs a lot of work, but I'm glad for the opportunity to get acquainted with my own beautiful machine, one replacement part at a time.
See you 'round the boards!
-Octavius

• Sponsors (?)