Potential 1980 2.3T Project

I'm looking at a 1980 Mustang with a carbed 3.3 Inline 6. The motor is shot I do believe. Does anybody see a reason why I wouldn't be able to swap an EFI 2.3T into it? By running a search I found that Red_LX said that the K-member may need to be swapped. I'm thinking that because the car is originally carbed that it may be a more difficult process to swap in an EFI engine. Any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Well yes and no, You'd have to get a complete harness , instead of just repin'n a stock efi one. As far as the crossmember, im not sure, you can always go tubular ;). Remember its a 1980, that makes it a project, things will be worn out..bushings, rear ends etc. Also im guessing you'll need to do a tranny swap. Sounds like a fun project, very doable with some time and a little money!

Tranny swap would definitely be on the list. It is an auto right now, I'd have to go with a t-5 swap. Also, it is a coupe, and I kinda like the look of the hatchback's more on the 1979-1986 era stangs. Different story with 87-93, coupe is the way to go in my opinion. But I already have one coupe, so maybe I'll look at something a little newer and perhaps a hatch.