power steering box

no_3

Founding Member
Oct 21, 2002
Hi guys I want to know if the integrated power steering box from, say a 69 mustang can be fitted to a 65? I'm about to rebuild the front end of my wifes 65 and thought that the integrated power box might be a good upgrade over the ram system.

• Sponsors (?)

Ford didn't use a integrated box until 71, and no it will not fit. But there are a lot of options for you, just do a search on this forum, power steering conversions have been a popular topic for years.

Hi guys I want to know if the integrated power steering box from, say a 69 mustang can be fitted to a 65? I'm about to rebuild the front end of my wifes 65 and thought that the integrated power box might be a good upgrade over the ram system.

The steering box was basically identical 65-70, but the 69 had a short shaft for the safety column, and a larger sector shaft.

The OE system is exceptionally reliable when properly assembled. 99% of the time someone has used cheap generic hoses, left off the hose bracket, or left off the clamp that goes around the valve, and then it leaks. Military aircraft controls are similar, and the 64-82 Corvette had the exact same Bendix steering your 65 Mustang has.