Power steering pump question

brtnstrns

Dec 19, 2003
Lewisville, TX
I'm putting this in talk because its actually on a 2005 TSX, but the Acura forums aren't much help so I figured I would try here since people tend to respond pretty quickly and this is sort of a general question. Anyway, I replaced the power steering pump on the car but I didn't flush the system. When I put it back on I topped off the resevoir and turned the wheel back in forth in order to purge the system of air.

Well I ended up doing this all day long trying to get the air out of the system but it doesn't seem to be working. The power steering will work for about 8 or so rotations of the steering wheel then it will just stop working. I was thinking about going ahead and flushing the whole system but I know I shouldn't have to. What else should I look at that might be causing this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

I know that Honda/Acura pumps are VERY sensitive. I won't do on in my shop unless the customer purchases the power steering system flush with it. I have seen new pump gets burnt before they ever leave the bay on a Honda/Acura.