Power Stop Brakes

Have any of you ever used these brakes? I'm not looking for something that will stop on a dime, just a little better than stock. Car gets to the strip at least once a month, and to the auto X maybe once a year...if that.

Now I would normally just go to NAPA, and get a decent rotor and an very good pad. The thing is that Summit is luring me into their store like an old man with candy in a box van. They sent me a discount in the mail, and I have no other parts I'm looking to buy at this point.

Links:
Fronts:
Power Stop K1301 - Power Stop Brake Rotor and Pad Combos - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Rears:
Power Stop K1303 - Power Stop Brake Rotor and Pad Combos - Overview - SummitRacing.com

• Sponsors (?)

That's the same rotors and pads I'm running. I have no complaints. They are quiet, leave little dust (which is really easy to clean off anyway), and are a big improvement over stock.

1002485d.jpg

1002478c.jpg

While you're at it, go ahead and paint the calipers, re-rubberize the fenderwells, and other such things. The difference in how good the car looks is HUGE.

Also, you can get those EXACT rotors and pads from Ebay for half that price. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dril...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories This is the seller I bought them from, and I have zero complaints. Other forum members have had good luck with them as well. Heck, it's hard to go wrong for $160 for a full set of rotors and ceramic pads. The only thing is, I don't know if I'd run a drilled rotor at a road track. If you would rather go just slotted, you can call the Ebay seller and they will gladly hook you up with whatever you want.

Same here. I ordered from them but had to call to match a Mach front rotor and stock GT rears. Running their ceramic pads and just slotted rotors in the rear and HP+ pads and just slotted fronts. The zinc coating lasts about a year and a half in the rainy FL weather down here.

My car is a DD and I've never had any issues since going with these guys. I've beaten on these brakes without any fading, yes, they've gotten hot, but that's why I went with a harder compound front pad. Sure they dust more, but they've saved my ass in tight situations with people cutting me off.

Someone school me real quick on why drilled and slotted would not be good for 6 to 7 track passes a year. I think I'm a little confused.

They are fine for the drag strip.

The reason they (drilled) aren't as good on a road course is because under the extra stress and excess heat, they tend to crack. Slotted are fine, and drilled probably are somewhat, but they do tend to crack if you get them really hot.