Precision Industries Torque Converter, Worth the Money?

1999GTCONV

Oct 2, 2003
Hello everyone,

I am thinking about buying a precision industries torque converter and I would like to know if you all think they would be worth money? What are the benefits of an aftermarket torque converter? Does it lessen the amount of hp loss in through the drivetrain of the automatic? Does it allow to you have better top-end acceleration? What have been your experiences with torque converters? Please any info you could provide would be very helpful.

• Sponsors (?)

Ahh yes, the torque. A beautiful thing torque is. I dont know to much, but i think torque raises the low powerband and almosts makes the car feel like you took some weight off of it??

haha, i dont know! im a newbie too. Someone explain the benefits of torque!

I am also considering a PI torque converter. Check out their website at converter.com. There is a lot of tech info that can answer your questions. Next to gears it is the most bang for your buck!

I would have to say my PI converter has had to have been the best mod Ive done to my car. It feels a little sluggish on the bottom end but once it locks it pulls like mad. Plus the benefit of being able to leave the line at a higher rpm helped tremendously. Just make sure if you do get a converter, to get a transmission cooler as well. :nice: