RANT!!! Pretty sure I will not see my quarter windows again!!

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
A year ago, 13 months to be exact I sent my coupe rear quarter windows out to be refinished by a "company", and I later learned it's just a guy working out of his shop which appears to be at his house. I had seen some of the guys work (on the net), it looked pretty good. I sent him the set from my coupe (the better glass of the two sets I had), paid $130 just in shipping plus the price I paid him upfront for the service, and put my spare set in my coupe while I waited. There was an understanding that it might take a couple of months, and I was fine with that. I watched him do updates on facebook of all the windows that were "almost done" and I would message and ask about mine. Always the same, "hope to have everything done by (the end of whatever month I had happened to ask the question)". Well, here we are now 13+ months later, and now I am not getting any response from the guy for the last couple of weeks. His website is now down and his phone appears to be disconnected as it just fast busy signal when you call. I sent a message and said basically "if you are reading this message, please just send my windows back. You can keep my money. I will even PAY the shipping". Still nothing. Not feeling too good about ever seeing my windows again. :mad:

Chris

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

You needed a name and address for that? :shrug:

1584239897189.png

If there is anyone here that lives near Belle Plaine Kansas that can get my windows and ship them to me I will pay you $100 just for your time, and I will pay for the boxes and the shipping cost. JUST my windows. Dude isn't worth anyone getting in trouble over.

I can take legal action, this just seems easier right now. Funny thing is when dealing with people over the internet you never really know who you are dealing with, or what their occupation may be. I'm sure you guys think I'm the janitor at Buffalo Wild Wings... I'm cool with that. :cool: He on the other hand might not like me reaching out to the law enforcement community in his lil' ole town.....

Chris

These do a pretty good job of putting things in the forefront:

partybox.gif

...and they are so festive :jester:

If you can dig up where he works, send two. :)

Don't mail them though :nono: Have them delivered to home and work on the same day. :nice:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Damn. I wish I had people for that.

I tried to get me some people like that once but I was living in Arkansas at the time.

All those people are already making way more than I can afford and the only sector with zero unemployment. :shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
If you have a name and address there's a ton of public information that can be had. It can take a while for the laymen to gather it but some people in specialized businesses have utilities that can grab all the publicly available information quickly. Then, there's also law enforcement utilities that can easily get even the "not public" information. I have a friend like that :D

Reactions: 1 user
People who legitimately steal cars for a living usually have easy access to lots of info. Kinda like somebody we may know on here.....