Frankfort, Ky
View attachment 508097
View attachment 508099
View attachment 508101
View attachment 508103
View attachment 508105
View attachment 508108
c7_12_sb.JPG

comes will all parts to rebuild it, has disc front brakes, 302, c4.

I know the reserve but it seems way to high for me.

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone that says 3-4k is dreaming. The guy will probably get 9k for the car, there are a lot of people willing to pay that. I have been looking for 65-66 fastback lately and have found that almost all of them are going for at least 7,000+, even the bad ones. For a rust free car like that you should expect to pay around 8k. Besides, it looks like it may have been a GT. The days of cheap project cars are over.... especially fastbacks.

johnsstang04 said:
Anyone that says 3-4k is dreaming. The guy will probably get 9k for the car, there are a lot of people willing to pay that. I have been looking for 65-66 fastback lately and have found that almost all of them are going for at least 7,000+, even the bad ones. For a rust free car like that you should expect to pay around 8k. Besides, it looks like it may have been a GT. The days of cheap project cars are over.... especially fastbacks.
If im dreaming then wake me up,oh wait, i already have one.My neoghbor picked up 2, each one was $1500 and looked just like that,one was even a GT

johnsstang04 said:

Probably explains why I do not have a fast back. :)

iskwezm said:
If im dreaming then wake me up,oh wait, i already have one.My neoghbor picked up 2, each one was $1500 and looked just like that,one was even a GT

And you don't think that was unusual? I guess I can slightly change what I said .... Unless by some act of god you find a mustang GT fastback for $1,500, you can count on paying around 8k.

I would have to agree with john. People are getting crazy with prices and someone is willing to pay for it. An owner of a body shop I went to today sold a rednecked 66 vert with a glued on hood scoop and a ripped up top for 20k in 2 days. (it does have a blower on it but its still not worth 20k)

I have to agree with iskwezm on this one. He is in cali so most of them out there are in good shape and there for good ones can be had for cheaper but come on 9k for basically a shell with an engine? I mean he does say most of the parts are there to put it back together but you still have to put it back together fix the bondo in the quarters and put primer and paint on it. The main reason I'm even asking this question is that the car was originally sold from a dealer in Ky so it kind of has that personal touch to it for me.

Doesn't really matter a car is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for and I'm not willing to pay that for it, I was just wondering if the rest of you would.

I bought my 65 fastback for 5k in California in 2003. I drove the car home and I realize now I got a hell of a deal for a complete car. Here is pic of my car. I have put about 15k in the car since I got it in December 2003. 331 stroker, t-5 conversion, complete global west and shelby rollbar with torque boxes. You can spend money on these cars quickly...

Picture_008.sized.jpg