• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-

Price of Machined block?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1969mach1351
  • Start date Start date Jan 9, 2004
1

1969mach1351

Member
Apr 18, 2003
285
0
16
Sacramento, CA
Jan 9, 2004
#1
  • Jan 9, 2004
  • #1
A while back I came across a Chevy block (I think a 327) that had been recently bored out. I don't know anything about it but I have some people asking what I will sell it for. The block has surface rust but the cylinders look good. How much did the machining cost/what is it worth?
 
C

candy-a-Mach1

New Member
Nov 13, 2002
291
0
0
Kentucky
Jan 10, 2004
#2
  • Jan 10, 2004
  • #2
Boring costs $8 per hole in my area. I can't imagine a SBC block being worth over $100. I've bought whole SBC motors for that.
 

TurboDoctor

Founding Member
Jan 27, 2002
1,008
2
38
San Marcos, Texas(Austin)
Mar 26, 2019
#3
  • Mar 26, 2019
  • #3
I agree with candy. 327's are a dime a dozen. As a buyer and seller the first thing i ask is why was it bored. A bored small block other than a 350 or 400 block usually indicates damage to the bore. Not that its a deal killer but i can pick up complete 283 327s 305s. 2 bolt 350s for 300 - 400 bucks all day long on craigslist
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

My next project , a 428 build!
  • horse sence
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
  • 4 5 6
Replies
107
Views
2K
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Yesterday at 6:10 AM
DadLife0724
Weber Carburetor tuning help
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
171
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
S
Block questions
  • s_vargas54
  • Jan 25, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
930
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 8, 2026
Trogdor
D
Progress Thread Calypso Green 92 LX Hatchback
  • Dakar09
  • May 18, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
716
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
rednotch
B
SOLD 1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 5-speed
  • blackmerc
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
16
Views
811
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Aug 24, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?