Printed circuit board?

Rerun

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2002
South Bay, California
So, persuant to another thread my gas guage isn't working because one of the copper connections on the pink circuit board on the back of my speedo is severed. Anyhow, I want to buy another one of those pink circuit boards if at all possible. I was looking on fordparts.com and noticed there is a 'printed circuit board' in the cluster section, is that what I'm looking for or something else?

Thanks in advance,
J.

• Sponsors (?)

A pencil soldering iron and some wire wrap wire (26-30 gauge) can fix the damaged trace (copper connection) on the PCB (printed circuit board). I have fixed computer PCB's for many years using this method.

Scrape the coating off the copper trace and then use a good pencil type soldering iron to tin it (deposit a small bit of solder on it). Do this to both sides of the broken trace. Strip the wire back about 1/4" on each end and tin the wire ends, leaving a small amount of excess solder. Put the wire on the tinned part of the trace & use the pencil iron to melt the solder. I have used this method to replace burned or damaged traces up to 6" long. I used a little gel type super glue to tack the wire in place.

All the tools you need are available at Radio Shack. A local TV repair shop could probably do the job in less that 15 minutes.