Pro 5.0 Shifter Question

I just installed my new Pro 5.0 shifter in my 04 GT and when I put the car in gear it feels like it's loose and doesn't stay in place, like it wants to fall out of gear. Is this normal? I followed the directions carefully and made sure that everything was tight. I set the stop bolts according to the instructions too. I put it in 2nd gear, adjusted the bolt so it touched the shifter, then backed it off about 1 turn and tightened the nut. Then put in in 1st gear and did the same with the bolt. Let me know if this sounds right. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Im not a fan of the notchy feel of the Pro 5.0, but then again, its not my car and I did not buy it or put it in.

Let us know how it works out for you. Power shifting 3rd has proven to be a real PITA after some time, at least for me, it doesnt slide over and in when shifting hard, it needs to be guided by hand more.

Maybe its just me and I need to learn how to drive.

So I figured out my problem today. :D When I removed the stock shifter from the tranny, the little black teflon plastic looking piece stuck to the bottom of the stock shifter and I didn't pay any attention to it. :bang: So I continued to install the Pro 5.0 without this minor, but important detail and that's what made it feel the way I had described earlier. So I ended up redoing everything I had done on Saturday, silicone sealant and all to put this piece back in. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet, but I will tomorrow. So far just from cycling through the gears, it seems like it's gonna be fun to drive.:nice: I'll let you know how it goes...