Problem with starting and taking off

95BLAST

Apr 29, 2008
I had a question, I have a 95 gt and in the morning it has a hard time starting. I have a new battery, new alternator, new spark plugs and wires but it still has a hard time starting. Some times it fires right up and other times it takes a little bit. The car has a different cam in it and a performance chip. I was wondering if it was just because it had a different cam or if it was a fuel problem. Some times when I am at a light and I go to take off it does not want to go, almost like its not getting gas. I was wondering if i need a better fuel pump? Also when its close to empty it will shut off but i will be able to start it again. If any one could help me figure it out I would be very thankful.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to SN!

Normally I think of hard-starts meaning that it cranks easy but will not catch. But because you mentioned a new battery and alternator, I wanted to clarify that you're not having problems with hard cranking.............

The place to start is pulling codes. It's free to do (check your repair manual, use a code reader or an internet write-up about retrieving codes).

Good luck.