• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Project daily driver progress thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter 5.0Droptop
  • Start date Start date Apr 4, 2008
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Next
1 of 4 Next Last

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 4, 2008
#1
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #1
Heres where I am at from all my little projects on the daily driver.

Day 1 when I got it.

View attachment 323795

View attachment 323796


View attachment 323797

View attachment 323798





After cleaning up a little and hiding wires heres under the hood.
and installed a new 3g



View attachment 323799



After installing the 20.00 homemade SFC and spraypainting them.



View attachment 323800

View attachment 323801



Installed Gauge Cage with Water temp and Oil press. And BBK white face cluster covers. Pro50 handle with hurst ball. I did get a radio trim pc just notpictured


View attachment 323802



Today I Scuffed down the pony wheels and repainted them. Sorry for the dark pics. Its very clowdy and overcast.



Before:


View attachment 323803



After:


View attachment 323804

View attachment 323805

View attachment 323806



Before:



View attachment 323807



After:


View attachment 323808

View attachment 323809



Not pictured is my free mac prochamber I installed .....I also installed all new headlights and driving lights......Thats about it for now... I would rather of gotten new wheels but I only spent $14.50 for paint and supplies......... this is a low budget Project Daily Driver after all.
 

S&B

I hate my CT. :(
10 Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
1,634
695
204
Cheesehead
Apr 4, 2008
#2
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #2
I like your sub frame connectors looks like you did some extra painting

whats the lube for ?
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 4, 2008
#3
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #3
Its for when I come visit you.... Im on my way... Back door buddies FTW!!
 

S&B

I hate my CT. :(
10 Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
1,634
695
204
Cheesehead
Apr 4, 2008
#4
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #4
:yay:

you like that shift knob? my had always got soo sweaty with that thing..
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 4, 2008
#5
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #5
S&B said:
:yay:

you like that shift knob? my had always got soo sweaty with that thing..
Click to expand...

I have had one of those in all my stangs. Its my favorite.
 

FrankenStang

Now, give me a damn CT!
15 Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
4,461
70
129
Florence, Az
Apr 4, 2008
#6
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #6
S&B said:
I like your sub frame connectors looks like you did some extra painting

whats the lube for ?
Click to expand...

 

S&B

I hate my CT. :(
10 Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
1,634
695
204
Cheesehead
Apr 4, 2008
#7
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #7
you need to scrub your interior with some some laundry detergent/water mix that will clean everything up, just make sure after you scrub that you use some sort of protectant on the plastic or it will dry it out too much.

I really like your car looks really clean and stock
 

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
1,409
69
79
Norman, Ok
Apr 4, 2008
#8
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #8
S&B said:
I like your sub frame connectors looks like you did some extra painting

whats the lube for ?
Click to expand...

hahahahahahahaha


looks a lot better man! i'm in desperate need of repainting 3 of my wheels (one is new). after i get the rest of my suspension in (front), i think that's going to be the next thing i tackle.
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 4, 2008
#9
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #9
I fully expected Suck and Blow aka S&B to be the first one to edit a pic.... ROFL!!
 

67coupe

Founding Member
Apr 5, 2002
658
402
93
Huntsville, AL
Apr 4, 2008
#10
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #10
Wheels look great! Keep up the good work.

S&B.
 

ill advised

Member
Apr 29, 2003
656
10
19
West L.A.
Apr 4, 2008
#11
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #11
S&B said:
whats the lube for ?
Click to expand...
LOL

Nice work 5.0Droptop
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 4, 2008
#12
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #12
S&B said:
you need to scrub your interior with some some laundry detergent/water mix that will clean everything up, just make sure after you scrub that you use some sort of protectant on the plastic or it will dry it out too much.

I really like your car looks really clean and stock
Click to expand...



Thanks. I looked for a long time to find one that was as rust free as possible.

This one was in New Mexico and Texas untill 2000 then it came to Indiana.

It was owned by the same family since it was new.

So I am the second owner.

I am just trying to keep it looking nice and add a few upgrades along the way. The car has 178K on it now it still runs and drives great! ......
 

S&B

I hate my CT. :(
10 Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
1,634
695
204
Cheesehead
Apr 4, 2008
#13
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #13
wait I have more,
If only i could do some real phot choppin

View attachment 323791
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 4, 2008
#14
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #14
Everytime I shift gears it squeeks.. any idea why???
 

venomous5oh

New Member
Mar 30, 2008
2
0
0
Kissimmee, Orlando Florida
Apr 4, 2008
#15
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #15
S&B said:
wait I have more,
If only i could do some real phot choppin

View attachment 323789
Click to expand...

bwahahahaha
 

S&B

I hate my CT. :(
10 Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
1,634
695
204
Cheesehead
Apr 4, 2008
#16
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #16
I like your air freshener, everytime you think whats that smell



OHH yeah thats SRT-4
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 4, 2008
#17
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #17
LOL Your ate up.......
 

S&B

I hate my CT. :(
10 Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
1,634
695
204
Cheesehead
Apr 4, 2008
#18
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #18
so when does you lambo door kit show up ?

Wouldn't that be sweet you pull into a parking lot, park right next to that butt head that thinks his 91 Chevy Silverado is the ****z and parks it wayy out in the lott. Slide right in so theres about 2" between your car and his, then when he's about to yell at you, you pop that lambo door and say

" Thats Lambo Babby"
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 4, 2008
#19
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #19
I ordered it. But it has been put on back order indefinitly.
 

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
3,501
28
119
Motor City
Apr 4, 2008
#20
  • Apr 4, 2008
  • #20
I like!! I saw your subframes before and they still look great. The wheels are huge. They are night and day and it really stands out. I had a white GT like that, but my Pony wheels were faded BAD...worse than your befores. I never even thought of painting them back when I had it.

Keep up the good work man. It is nice to make small touches to a Fox because they are actally hugely noticeable!!
 
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Next
1 of 4 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
66 Coupe Progress Thread
  • DTCRAWLEY
  • Apr 19, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
43
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 17, 2026
DTCRAWLEY
D
M
Progress Thread mkk50's Progress Thread
  • mkk50
  • Aug 4, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
926
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 22, 2025
Noobz347
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
356
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Progress Thread 87 T-top slow progress
  • wobbyguy
  • Feb 2, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
13
Views
919
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 10, 2025
nickyb
Progress Thread Komo's 1990 GT - Parts Gathering Purgatory & Home Remodel
  • gkomo
  • Sep 23, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 103 104 105
Replies
2K
Views
80K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Monday at 4:28 PM
85GTStangGuy
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?