Projector headlight questions

drewzx3

Feb 7, 2004
Louisiana
When I bought my car it came with apc projector headlights well the dim lights suck so I want to replace them. I am going to go with the blue oval industries cobra headlights. Do they come with the wiring harness because my projectors have the wiring harness for 2 bulbs? Also how the hell do you get the old ones out?

• Sponsors (?)

My projectors just plugged into the factory harness. Yours should do the same.

As far as getting them out, look on the back of the header panel and look for the three screws on each headlight. Put an 11 or 12 mm closed end wrench over them and push out with a hammer handle or something.

And have you thought about HID's?

I got my dual beam on eBay for like $150. Since you have two different bulbs for high and low, you would only need the single beam, which I think it like $110 or something.

There is a box for each light you have to mount somewhere. But they arent that big. And there are a few wires you have to run. but there is no splicing, its all plugs.

ok so my dims have 9004 bulbs for them so I just get the hid kit for 9004 bulbs? Also how do I get them where they are real blue? and whats the difference between 6000k 8000k nd 12000k

That is the color temperature. 6000k is a nice bright white/blue, 8000K is more blue/purple, and 12000k is very purple (to me).

I have 10K. They are blue as hell, but the higher temp you get, the less light you have. They arent as bright as I like, but they look cool as hell and I can still see better than the regular bulbs I had.

audi's have seperate high and low beams so they only need the top one, the mustangs have high and low built into 1 bulb so to be semi legal we would need the bottom kit

UNLESS you have projectors, which have two different bulbs. Then you need to get the kit for the projector bulb. I dont remember what size that it though.

o0o0o didnt know the projector lights used 2 seperate bulbs :nice:

The_More_You_Know.jpg

So you just toss these into whatever housings you have (i.e. Cobra clears) and you can see a noticable difference?