Proud new owner of a 01 cobra coupe

I just picked up my cobra saturday. I love it. It is so much better than my GT. I have nothing against 2v but the car has a completely different feel to it. I do have a question for you guys. The car didn't come with the owners manual. Is it different than the standard mustang manual? Anyone have any pictures so that I can see what it looks like if it is different. I don't want to buy the cdrom off ebay but at the same time I don't want to order a replacement directly from ford because they rip you off. I am hoping to post pics of the car soon but it is in the garage under a cover. I don't want to drive it with the crappy weather we have in Ohio right now. Road salt sucks:mad: . Also anyone know a good place to get tires at a good price?

• Sponsors (?)

Congratulations on the car! I've had mine a couple years now and love it!

As far as the owners manual goes, mine came with the standard manaul and an SVT supplement. I am out of town right now but if you want I can copy and scan documents at my office and get you the pertinent information from it (recommended fluids, etc.). My connection at the hotel isn't the greatest so I don't know that I will long on again before the week is over, but if you want some copies post a reply and I'll see it when I get back. Enjoy the car!!

Congrats on the car. I've owned mine for about a month and really enjoy it. I'm sure you will too. As 01CobraDude stated, the only difference in the manuals is the SVT supplement. I'm looking at mine now and there's not much there that would be considered must read info. The major headings in the booklet are: SVT Cobra specific features (it's got a high output engine with anti-lock brakes and traction control), Engine transmission specs (you can find the air filter here and the oil filter there, and we use a stainless steel exhaust system), Drivetrain (the car has an independant rear axle, the axle ratio is X, the trans gear ratios are X and the top speed in each gear is X, the engine is in the front and the car moves when you release the clutch which causes the tires to turn), Performance specs (the car is pretty fast), Chassis features (we put special wheels and tires on the car), Options and Colors (yep there are a few to choose from) and Maintenance. All of the areas covered are at a very high level and don't go into much detail, in case you hadn't already figured that out. :D

The maintenance section goes into a bit more detail, but I believe all of the same info is also covered in the normal owners manual as well. The entire booklet is only 3x7 inches on a side and 20 pages long and the print is big.

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I found a standard owners manual on ebay with the case and all. I will just order a replacement supplement guide or make the dealer fork it over. I am waiting now on my SVT certificate. I am picky about that stuff. I want all originals after all they don't make very many cobras. I made the dealer purchase replacement floor mats. I think the dealer stole the cobra mats out of this car and put it in another stang gt they sold. I only think that because I seen them in the gt next to the cobra when I picked it up.