• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Ps/brake Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter General karthief
  • Start date Start date Aug 3, 2017

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,049
10,674
213
polk county florida
Aug 3, 2017
#1
  • Aug 3, 2017
  • #1
  1. Gtbilly04New Member
    NewI just changed out the rack and pinion on my 04 mustang . I put fluids in it but for some reason I don't have any power steering and now it has effect my brakes they are stiff and I tried driving it and it having trouble stopping any body know what I need to do ?

    #12Today at 7:01 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Today at 7:22 AM
    Like + Quote Reply


  2. karthiefboobs are useless...
    Mod Dude

    New
    ↑
    I just changed out the rack and pinion on my 04 mustang . I put fluids in it but for some reason I don't have any power steering and now it has effect my brakes they are stiff and I tried driving it and it having trouble stopping any body know what I need to do ?
    We need to move this to the tech threads fo this year stang
 

Neuron

5 Year Member
Nov 6, 2016
859
192
93
Aug 3, 2017
#2
  • Aug 3, 2017
  • #2
If it was working OK before you probably need to purge the air from it. YouTube has several videos on how to do it properly. Taking for granted no foreign matter contamination from bad rack affecting the pump negatively.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

H
Strange steering/brake issue
  • Haxmaster
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
141
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 3, 2026
squeak93
M
Idle control problems
  • miser143
  • Aug 28, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
145
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 29, 2026
DadLife0724
Brake pad and rotor upgrade
  • Sparky714
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
484
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
Sparky714
C
SN95 Another Coyote swap list
  • catkiller
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
269
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 8, 2026
bjornsn95
B
4
Drivetrain Wilwood Clutch and Brake Pedal Combo Installation - Help
  • 427stang
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
80
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 8, 2026
427stang
4
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?