Pulled over again!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I've never heard of a hood height law, but I can understand it. I had a 3" cowl hood on my '93 GT and even being 6'0" I had partial obstruction of view on the right side. Oh yeah, I also had a 5" Monster tach sitting on my dash :D. The guy who bought my GT was about 5'8" and I have no idea how he saw over the hood at all. :rlaugh:

I live in Fairfax county and I know that the cops are very strict out here. I got a o/r h pipe a couple of weeks ago, and so far I have not been pulled over. I also got my windows tinted to 35% all around, and I'm hoping that I won't get pulled over.

umm if you have a death wish lol umm yea then why not

From my experience, if you respect people no matter what they have done, you up your chances of staying alive but, yea, if that person just has an intent on killing someone w/a badge, then the gloves have to come off and out comes the fully auto AR-15 w/the Ak-47 rounds, the round is not accuarate but, will split a cinder block in half, hmmm I just might apply to Detroit P.D.:D:flag:

Man, you see detroit coppers cruizin seat laid back mean mugging i think they forget who they are. A few days ago i was at an intersection when a DPD car blasting sirens and lights flashing was stuck at the light and nobody would move so the cop is sitting in the car laughing his ass off lol. lets just say its a whole different world south of 8 mile, it really is Detroit is not really part of the United States in my opinion

The city just needs to buy an ORIGINAL Hummer to cruise ahead and 'clear a path' for police cars and ambulances. Problem solved. I'll even do it for free on my spare time :D

Dan Millen drives his Outlaw Mustang to Burger King

I've seen stuff like that happen near me, and I'm 20 minutes west of Detroit. The city isn't THAT bad, but it's not great by any means either. Maybe I'm just used to it. I've been busted driving without a hood on the freeway, and the cop told me that it was legal to drive without a hood anywhere BUT the freeway.

One of the greatest vids on youtube! That one's been in my favs for a while.

I really dislike cops. Ive been pulled over so many times for stupid reasons. Window tint, no front liscense plate, being to loud, wreckless op tickets for guys next to me smoking there tires, ive fought 2 different times in court won them all. I am such a dick to cops now, cop pulled me over for no front liscense for the second time, he says "you know why i pulled you over" because im in a mustang thats loud. "You aware its against the law to not have a visable front liscense plate" Yes "Then why dont you have one" I just thought your job was so important you wouldnt have time to pull someone over for no liscense plate up front" He puts his pad on my roof and starts writing my ticket, i told him excuse me take your stupid pad off my car now he didnt listen i went off, i demanded his LT. number called him right there on the spot, told him i had a 4000 dollar paint job and he's using my roof as a clipboard. LOL When cops pull me over i make THEM pay!! Because 9 times out of 10 its BS

I really dislike cops. Ive been pulled over so many times for stupid reasons. Window tint, no front liscense plate, being to loud, wreckless op tickets for guys next to me smoking there tires, ive fought 2 different times in court won them all. I am such a dick to cops now, cop pulled me over for no front liscense for the second time, he says "you know why i pulled you over" because im in a mustang thats loud. "You aware its against the law to not have a visable front liscense plate" Yes "Then why dont you have one" I just thought your job was so important you wouldnt have time to pull someone over for no liscense plate up front" He puts his pad on my roof and starts writing my ticket, i told him excuse me take your stupid pad off my car now he didnt listen i went off, i demanded his LT. number called him right there on the spot, told him i had a 4000 dollar paint job and he's using my roof as a clipboard. LOL When cops pull me over i make THEM pay!! Because 9 times out of 10 its BS

Yea, be adick to him or her, and they will be a dick to you, Karma is a mother. Tickets are a part of life, yea, you will hate cops until you will need one. Playing devil's advocate just a little.:stick::D

So let me get this straight, in Ohio you are required to have a front mounted license plate, and having your front windows tinted is illegal. You are mad at the polease for pulling you over because you were breaking the law? Some of the most dangerous people in this country get apprehended from regular traffic stops that stemmed from something as small as an air freshener dangling from the rearview mirror.

If it wasn't for law enforcement people in this country would eat each other alive. Why go about your day being negative and trying to make someone pay, cop or not.

Just want to throw my 2 cents in here… I’m a COP in PA and my townships biggest problem is horse and buggies impeding traffic. LOL… For real though I cant tell you how many unregistered / stolen guns, drugs, warrants and DUI’s I’ve gotten out of BS traffic stops. Window tint and car mods are just a way to make contact with someone. In Pa ANY modification done to a vehicle can be considered “Unlawful Activities” and a citable offence. So headers, CAI, Hoods, body kits, exhaust, can be cited for, along with that COPs in PA have the authority to inspect a vehicle and can remove inspections stickers. And believe me I carry around the PA inspection manual and can easily find a reason to stop any car at anytime. Generally I’m a nice guy and give out more warnings than tickets, with that said I do 4 to 5 tickets a night and if someone acts like Kdubslugga says he does they find themselves on the receiving end of some PA stock which is non negotiable or refundable. LOL

Just want to throw my 2 cents in here… I’m a COP in PA and my townships biggest problem is horse and buggies impeding traffic. LOL… For real though I cant tell you how many unregistered / stolen guns, drugs, warrants and DUI’s I’ve gotten out of BS traffic stops. Window tint and car mods are just a way to make contact with someone. In Pa ANY modification done to a vehicle can be considered “Unlawful Activities” and a citable offence. So headers, CAI, Hoods, body kits, exhaust, can be cited for, along with that COPs in PA have the authority to inspect a vehicle and can remove inspections stickers. And believe me I carry around the PA inspection manual and can easily find a reason to stop any car at anytime. Generally I’m a nice guy and give out more warnings than tickets, with that said I do 4 to 5 tickets a night and if someone acts like Kdubslugga says he does they find themselves on the receiving end of some PA stock which is non negotiable or refundable. LOL

^this guy has a point.

More often than not, if you get pulled over for something trivial like that and you're not really doing anything wrong, as long as you are respectful to the officer you'll usually just get a warning.

I used to get pulled over a lot in my 68 for not running a front plate and never once got a ticket.

Respect goes a long way in an officer's eyes. You have to stop and think about it from his point of view. He's just doing his job. Cops put up with a lot of BS and put their lives on the line every day they go to work, so why would they want to put up with some punk kid running his mouth?

NOT acting like a jackass will go a long way.

I am looking into the hood height laws. I believe you can have 1 1/4" rise on the hood. The law on exhaust says that the OEM exhaust must be maintained. And no it isn't abandoned cars and cinder blocks. I actually live in an area that is fairly wealthy because of the coal industry. This was a local deputy. I have been through state road checks and they never mentioned my exhaust or hood. Granted my exhaust is a little louder since I installed the 4:10 gears. Due to pulling out under higher rpm's. I lived in TN for 15 years and did whatever I wanted to my cars with no issues. Basically I think Va laws about vehicle modifications suck!

Where are you located in VA? Sounds like you were near where I am from. I had a 4 inch cowl on my car at one point. Also my exhaust was rather loud. Only thing I got a ticket for was window tint, but I didn't drive my car much. VA is one of the worst states for their traffic laws. Just wait till they do the minium bumper height requirement to you. They really nail you to the wall on that one.

One time I went through a road check in my 95 with O/R h pipe, slp LM1 dumped, 5% window tint, and a dead inspection sticker. Officer said car sounds real nice.

In Pa ANY modification done to a vehicle can be considered “Unlawful Activities” and a citable offence. \

Its the same in VA. I tried to find ways to skirt the law, but in the end that was what got me. Most of the time I got warnings. As said above I only got tickets for tint.

NOT acting like a jackass will go a long way.

That is the biggest truth. Also not driving like a jackass helps a lot. I think a lot of cops could tell I wasn't giving it hell everytime I pulled out.

fully auto AR-15 w/the Ak-47 rounds

WTF are you talking about? You once again open your mouth and show exactly how little you know. AR-15=.223, AK-47=7.62. They are in no way, shape, or form interchangeable, or even remotely similar for that matter. I know that you can get a conversion kit, but that's just dumb. $1000+ for an AR-15, and $500+ for a conversion kit, or you can buy an AK for $400. I hope I don't ever live in a town with a police department that stupid.

Back to the topic, agreed that it's normally best to respect officers. I haven't ever had any problem with any before. Heck, I've had several roll up next to me at a stoplight and roll down the window and tell me how good my car sounded or how good the car looked.

I do despise the cops out there that have nothing better to do than go around looking for reasons to pull people who are otherwise minding their own business. There's a HP officer that's been roaming the rural community I live in doing that. He came by my house the other day doing well over 120, just to catch a ****ing Suburban that was going like 35 (and my road is over 2 miles long, in a straight line, with absolutely nowhere to hide) only to write him a seatbelt ticket. I've since seen him do that same thing twice (three total times) all the with same basic result. There's absolutely no reason to be driving like a ****ing dumbass to go write a seat belt or brake light ticket. Later that week, he pulled a guy on a golf cart that was on the road to go from his house to his grandmas house 100 feet up the road, and wrote him a ticket. Cop told the guy that he was going to "clean up this neighborhood." I'd love to ask him exactly what he plans on cleaning up. The 75 year olds that drive 100 ft on the road with their golf carts? Or the 12 and 13 year olds that bike up and down our road? I have no use for a ****ing tool like that.

WTF are you talking about? You once again open your mouth and show exactly how little you know. AR-15=.223, AK-47=7.62. They are in no way, shape, or form interchangeable, or even remotely similar for that matter. I know that you can get a conversion kit, but that's just dumb. $1000+ for an AR-15, and $500+ for a conversion kit, or you can buy an AK for $400. I hope I don't ever live in a town with a police department that stupid.
Maybe not NC state police, high octane door checkers, check out Raleigh PD rifles and why.
Way to google yourself an answer, now tell me whats the draw back of the two rounds and there precurssors. Way to be a sucker, I knew I could say one thing and get someone to debate, Sheeeeeeple!:D
Modern Firearms - Armalite AR-10 rifle
Quite being a whiny douche and accept life. AR-10, AR-15, same gun different barrel, and yes some departments do use them, just have to clear them w/the head guy in charge and qualify. And yes there are different versions of the 7.62, some are longer some are shorter, do you really want to do this. Besides, no gun is of use no matter how big the round if can't shoot.
I don't care what the ticket is, if the guy is telling the truth then thats all that matters, you're the type of person that would kill the messenger, if you don't like the laws take it up w/the law makers.
Ak's are not that accurate, b/c of the way the guns recoil, in fact its the least accurate but, most dependable of the Russian weapons. We have a cop hater among us, in my opion you are a HATER.:lol::ban: Oh and Raleigh PD is one the best police departments in the nation, quit being wannabe college know it all.