Pulled over again!!!

• Sponsors (?)

This is a mustang forum not a let's see how much I know about guns board. It seems like every post you make has to do about a gun and not mustang related. Do us all a favor an stfu!

The Thread is about cops, cops and guns go hand and hand, if it were a Just a Car thread than I would talk just about CARS. So all the 5 hundred posts I have are all about guns?! If your not gonna post somthing informative then take your own advice.:D Theres no room for haters in this world.
Police saves lives no matter how trivial the ticket is. Besides there are loop holes in any law, the OP will find a way around this law.:flag:

Maybe not NC state police, high octane door checkers, check out Raleigh PD rifles and why.

NC State police = Raleigh police.

Way to google yourself an answer, now tell me whats the draw back of the two rounds and there precurssors.

This is me shooting my Colt AR 15.
View attachment 221638

And this is my brother joking off as a wannabe terrorist with his AK47.
View attachment 221639
(Note: He is only kidding around. He is not a terrorist nor wants to be one. Only joking around.)

Please don't start accusing me of googling answers. Me and all of my brothers have been around guns for as long as we have been able to hold one. If I spent half the money on my Mustang as I have on .223 ammunition, I'd have one badass Mustang. So far, I've yet to see you say one thing that I couldn't find on google. I'm guessing that you don't actually know what the differences are in the two rounds, only what you've heard on TV or read in a magazine.

And yes there are different versions of the 7.62, some are longer some are shorter, do you really want to do this.

I'm perfectly aware of the different sizes. But the 7.62x39 is the only round used in the AKs. The only common gun that uses 7.62x51 is the Remington 700 (of which we have one of also, sighted in at 400 yards), or some other similar variant. You're not educating me on anything here.

Ak's are not that accurate, b/c of the way the guns recoil, in fact its the least accurate but, most dependable of the Russian weapons.

Typical statement made by someone who hasn't actually ever been around an AK 47 and only knows what he sees on TV. Me, with my AR15, and my brother, with his AK47, will go one for one with any target at any distance. We swap guns, and still go one for one (thus eliminating operator error). They are relatively accurate weapons. The only drawback to the AK is it's recoil, which, BTW, has nothing to do with accuracy. Recoil hurts its precision (ability to make quick, consistent, accurate shots), but the bullet from an AK will go where you tell it to so long as you take your time. For whatever reason, all these TV shows and magazines make it sound like the the AK is just horribly inaccurate, when my personal experience says quite the opposite. And then we have all these folks who watch these TV shows running around saying that AKs are inaccurate. :rolleyes:

We have a cop hater among us, in my opion you are a HATER.

Haha. You really have no clue what you are talking about, so you'll sound a lot more intelligent if you keep your mouth shut. Two of my best friends are town cops. I'm a volunteer firefighter, which is more or less always directly involved with some sort of law enforcement. We rarely go on a call that law enforcement doesn't go on also. Heck, half of our department are some sort of law enforcement officers. I have no problem with cops; matter of fact, I feel quite the opposite. I regularly eat dinner with cops, have firefighting training with cops, ride along on calls with cops, go to the drag strip with cops, whatever. The officer I'm talking about is some new 22 year old hot shot who thinks he has to make a name for himself by taking out his power trip on people who aren't harming a thing. I think most folks would agree with me on this one. Heck, I know of several sheriffs deputies in my county that have heard about this guy and dislike him as much as I do. Don't go accusing someone of being a "hater" when you don't have an idea as to what you are talking about.

Oh and Raleigh PD is one the best police departments in the nation

Never said or implied anything bad about them at all. The guy I'm talking about is with the Highway Patrol working in the eastern part of the state in my hometown. Has nothing to do at all with Raleigh PD.

quit being wannabe college know it all.

I think that 99% of the guys on this forum would agree that quite the opposite is true.

AK's are fun as hell to shoot, the sound they make gives me a hard on. Ive shot a fully auto russian and a chinese made one before, obiviously not in the US, it was when i was visiting in europe. The AK's you see for sale here are total, total poopsies compared to the real deal the ruskies and the chinese make (the only chinese product i would ever approve of):jaw:. Alot of counries make the AK, my uncle who is a police officer in Albania got in a fire fight with these 3 guys that had killed somone and he had an Albanian made AK, he said after firing 3 clips the barrel started to twist lol. So he had to crawl back half a mile to his patrol car and get his chinese kalashnikov, and got down to business. Boy does he have some stories..:jaw::OT::OT:;)

AKs are VERY fun to shoot. And the ammunition is actually cheaper than .223 as well.

Chinese AK is normally called an SKS. My dad wants one, but hasn't come across a good deal on one yet.

I think (not positive) that a large majority of AKs are made in Romania. I know that all 3 of my brothers' AKs are Romanian made, and every other one I've been around is that way as well. We haven't ever had a problem with em. My brother one time pumped 5 30 round magazines as fast as he could pull the trigger, no problems. I wouldn't doubt though that the Russian makes are better. Like I said, I hope my dad will have an SKS sometime soon.

Oh, and are you a LEO? Sounded like it from an earlier post.

OP, sorry we got so far off topic.

I respect cops and the job they do, but every profession has it's share of buttholes. I've never been pulled over by a bad cop, and I'm always respectful. Never been beatdown by the man either.:shrug:;)

Yea the SKS is actually a rifle, its sort of like an AK but not lol. Romania does make alot of AKs, but so do over 20 other countries. The Russian and Chinese ones however are beasts. I don't think you will find those in the states though, or do you? i have no clue.

Gosh this thread has certainly taken a different route. Sorry to say this but i forgot what the OP said lol.

Yea the SKS is actually a rifle, its sort of like an AK but not lol. Romania does make alot of AKs, but so do over 20 other countries. The Russian and Chinese ones however are beasts. I don't think you will find those in the states though, or do you? i have no clue.

Gosh this thread has certainly taken a different route. Sorry to say this but i forgot what the OP said lol.

Oh ok, didn't realize they were different rifles. I have no idea if you can get them in the States. With the right amount of money, I don't see why not. Most folks don't realize it, but fully auto guns aren't that hard to get legally. Here in NC, it's only like a $200 permit and (more or less) a 1 year waiting period. Problem is that a legal M16 is like 10 grand. I'd imagine a legal full auto AK is at least several thousand dollars.

No joke about the derailment.

Not trying to say you're a liar or anything, but every AK I've been around hasn't been as accurate as my AR15. From what I understand about AK's being inaccurate is because they are cheap and made out of stamped steel. That means they have a lot of play with their working parts, which also makes them reliable, when they get dirty it doesn't gum up all the parts like a tighter fitting gun does. Does that make sense? I've also heard the round doesn't fly very well and it tumbles through the air. But I'm no AK expert.

wow the town i live in just passed this law too about exhaust is to be how it came out of the factory. its not state wide but just my town. even glass packs are illegal... it doesnt matter how long they are you cant have them. i was talking to an officer about it all and he said it was ridiculous. im not worried about my stang but my jeep with straight pipes might be a problem

wow the town i live in just passed this law too about exhaust is to be how it came out of the factory. its not state wide but just my town. even glass packs are illegal... it doesnt matter how long they are you cant have them. i was talking to an officer about it all and he said it was ridiculous. im not worried about my stang but my jeep with straight pipes might be a problem

Sometimes people get bored and make crazy laws :shrug: If anyone gives you shiit about it, use some logic- what if federal law states that you are allowed to walk down a sidewalk in a residential neighborhood, but the local law in your town prohibits such action? Which law should you follow? All the same, don't drive crazy and you should be fine.

kdubslugga- acting like that to any police officer is a bad idea. If you don't give them any problems, they won't give you any.

All the stangs I have heard are no were near as loud as most Harleys. The Harlys run a round making so much more noise then are stangs.

i'm a harley hater :hide:

several of these bikes running around my town and the majority of the owners rev them out of the frame which is murder on everyones ear drums. they sound ok at idle but total crap at WOT. has to be one of the most annoying noises i can think of.

Not trying to say you're a liar or anything, but every AK I've been around hasn't been as accurate as my AR15. From what I understand about AK's being inaccurate is because they are cheap and made out of stamped steel. That means they have a lot of play with their working parts, which also makes them reliable, when they get dirty it doesn't gum up all the parts like a tighter fitting gun does. Does that make sense? I've also heard the round doesn't fly very well and it tumbles through the air. But I'm no AK expert.

Yea, you can take my brothers' AKs and shake them and hear parts moving all around. :D

I don't doubt they they may not be as accurate out at range. But at the distance we usually shoot (<200 yards), you can't really tell a difference. But really? Who shoots farther than that with an open sight and an assault rifle?

I honestly don't know a whole lot about them either. Just what I learn from it on a Sunday afternoon of shooting behind the house. I still like my AR better because of the recoil. I can squeeze off 30 in less than 10 seconds and hold a 12 inch pattern at 75 yards. Try that with an AK, lol!

so trobone, how does an ar15 have anything to do with the OP gettting pulled over for having a cowl hood and exhaust on his car. I'm sure the cop didn't have an ar nor did the OP. It just seems you hijack a lot of threads and get them so far off topic. You know what an ar and ak are but do your know anything about a cowl hood...(sarcasm)

Maybe not NC state police, high octane door checkers, check out Raleigh PD rifles and why.
Way to google yourself an answer, now tell me whats the draw back of the two rounds and there precurssors. Way to be a sucker, I knew I could say one thing and get someone to debate, Sheeeeeeple!:D
Modern Firearms - Armalite AR-10 rifle
Quite being a whiny douche and accept life. AR-10, AR-15, same gun different barrel, and yes some departments do use them, just have to clear them w/the head guy in charge and qualify. And yes there are different versions of the 7.62, some are longer some are shorter, do you really want to do this. Besides, no gun is of use no matter how big the round if can't shoot.
I don't care what the ticket is, if the guy is telling the truth then thats all that matters, you're the type of person that would kill the messenger, if you don't like the laws take it up w/the law makers.
Ak's are not that accurate, b/c of the way the guns recoil, in fact its the least accurate but, most dependable of the Russian weapons. We have a cop hater among us, in my opion you are a HATER.:lol::ban: Oh and Raleigh PD is one the best police departments in the nation, quit being wannabe college know it all.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Back on topic...

Sucks about VA. I'm sure glad I don't live there. I can't stand the sound of a stock 99-04 2V. That's worse that Kalifornia.

Wow there is a lot of douchebaggery in this thread :rolleyes:

I always show the police respect and they always treat me with respect.

Respect: ya gotta give it to get it.

Agreed 100 percent, I'm not a thread jacker but, sheesh, I like to talk about guns when the subject comes up, police and guns go hand and hand. Some of the people here don't realise being a cocky Hollier than thou person to anybody isn't gonna get them anywhere in life.
So what. Take the ticket and move on.
P.S. Even if the Kids here don't like what I'm saying don't read my posts, problem solved, sounds like there are couple statistics here regarding to psychosis of the brain, get over it.:D They are so easy to bait into a pointless argument, sheesh. And they say I post young, I'm not the cop hater.:rolleyes::flag:
NC state cops are not Raleigh PD Cops, they just work in Raleigh, there jurisdiction is NC state University property and maybe backup, North Carolina state property is the Capital special police, DMV, and politician buildings. NC state U cops wont and will not make a Terry stop on Capital Blvd=Raleigh PD and Capital special police, Wake County Sheriff dept and NC state Highway patrol. The point is moot kiddies.

Sometimes people get bored and make crazy laws :shrug: If anyone gives you shiit about it, use some logic- what if federal law states that you are allowed to walk down a sidewalk in a residential neighborhood, but the local law in your town prohibits such action? Which law should you follow? All the same, don't drive crazy and you should be fine.

kdubslugga- acting like that to any police officer is a bad idea. If you don't give them any problems, they won't give you any.

haha thats pretty funny when i was talking to the officer he said he thought the law made as much sense as an old town law that says you cant walk through town at night( old like made in the later 1800's) so actually that is the case the state says you can walk on sidewalks whenever but our town says you cant after dark. its obviously not inforced at all but i thought it was ironic you said that. but yeah im not really too worried about it the jeep is mostly for mudding anyway :nice:

haha thats pretty funny when i was talking to the officer he said he thought the law made as much sense as an old town law that says you cant walk through town at night( old like made in the later 1800's) so actually that is the case the state says you can walk on sidewalks whenever but our town says you cant after dark. its obviously not inforced at all but i thought it was ironic you said that. but yeah im not really too worried about it the jeep is mostly for mudding anyway :nice:

Sometimes I like to use the old noggin :D Today I showed off my GT to one of my employees after work and did a burnout in the parking lot. It was around 2am. Immediately afterwards I drove about 2 blocks to a gas station to get a Monster and waved hello to a cop walking in :D

Trombonedemon- yes, cops and guns go hand in hand. All the same, see how long you can go without posting anything gun related at all.

Just want to throw my 2 cents in here… I’m a COP in PA and my townships biggest problem is horse and buggies impeding traffic. LOL… For real though I cant tell you how many unregistered / stolen guns, drugs, warrants and DUI’s I’ve gotten out of BS traffic stops. Window tint and car mods are just a way to make contact with someone. In Pa ANY modification done to a vehicle can be considered “Unlawful Activities” and a citable offence. So headers, CAI, Hoods, body kits, exhaust, can be cited for, along with that COPs in PA have the authority to inspect a vehicle and can remove inspections stickers. And believe me I carry around the PA inspection manual and can easily find a reason to stop any car at anytime. Generally I’m a nice guy and give out more warnings than tickets, with that said I do 4 to 5 tickets a night and if someone acts like Kdubslugga says he does they find themselves on the receiving end of some PA stock which is non negotiable or refundable. LOL

You're a cop that runs illegal exhaust on your car and you pull people over for this exact reason? :shrug:

I have a lot of respect for you guys, but just curious.