Pulled The Motor, Installed And Having Issues Please Help!!!

vortechstang1994

Mar 3, 2018
Ok first to start the car is a 1995 mustang gt. Car has a lot done to it put down 450hp to the wheels last year on dyno. Vortech V2 supercharger and much much more... Last year tword the end of the season i blew the headgasket on the car. So i pulled the motor installed a bunch of new things just to keep everything on the up and up. Now motor is in and on first start it starts rough. So i broke the distributor lose, pulled the jumper for timing and trying to dial in the timing when i get it close to 10-12 degress BTDC motor revs up to about 2,500rpms and stays there. Also has really bad throttle response. What might it be, also what diagnostic should i do next. Everything seems to be plugged in weather electical or vaccum. NO Oil, Fuel, or Coolant leaks... Please help!! thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a cylinder not firing. Do you have one of those laser temperature readers? Well, anyway, they are cheap at Harbor Freight. Shoot it at the primaries on the headers and see if one is significantly cooler than the others. Or you can drip water on the primaries and see if one doesn't boil off. That's where I would start.

Kurt

Staying revved really high tells me that you probably have a vacuum leak. Either at the upper or lower intake, or perhaps that stinking PCV hose that goes under the intake? That'll cause a huge leak if you missed it.