Pulled the trigger: Diablosport Predator & AFE intake

• Sponsors (?)

Installed it tonight, smoother revs and can feel it pull more on the higher rpms. I can also chrip the wheels, which is new cause I couldn't do that before. I only took it for a short run but will have more info tomorrow night after I take it on the high way. but it is definitely a noticable difference.

Right on!!! What kind of HP gains do you think? Any plans to dyno and see where you are? Also, are you a manual or automatic?

That is awesome that you could feel the increase and chirp your wheels with the AFE and Diablo! Maybe you should also invest in a radar detector... Just try to keep racing every Honda/ Acura/ Mitsubishi you see!!! Speaking of Mitsubishis, I am DYING to square off with one of the 2006 Eclipse GTs (V6 3.8L 260 HP 260 ft lbs)!!! Anyone get the chance to spank one yet?

I have had my MMR CAI in hand for a while now but am waiting until I can get the SCT XCAL2 before putting it on! I am also throwing a JBA muffler on, mostly for a throatier sound, but I hope it will work in tandem with the CAI for a little extra boost. I decided to stay single exhaust this year and go dual next spring/summer when I install new headers. I will let you know if I get any HP gains from my setup, as I have an appt. for a tune and a dyno on the 15th! Can't wait!!! I am hoping that the CAI and tune are good for a little extra sumpin', sumpin'!

And I get to "Pimp My Ride" on the 10th (stripes and louvers). I will post some pics when she's dressed!!

Your planned mods sound great. I will take it to springfield motorsport in a few weeks for a dyno. This weekend I am taking it to a mustang club show near my house. Can't wait to see some other rides. I'll keep you posted! I'm about to head out for the day, after driving it all day I will have some more input.

Ah, then you are a local boy! Stationed out here? I am taking mine to Excessive in Manassas. You will have to let me know how you like Springfield Motorsports and I will let you know how it goes at Excessive. I think those two shops pretty much have the monopoly around these here parts (Woodbridge Dyno seems WAY too steep for my blood). What show are you going to?

BTW, I am taking my baby in to get the louvers and stripes put in at a shop in Mclean (Vertex Motorsports). They usually do imports, but they are knowledgeable, courteous, and very reasonable. The other shops I called either couldn't/wouldn't install stripes, were too expensive, or seemed very unprofessional. I will let you know how it goes. If you know of any good body/detail shops around here, pass the word!

Take care and enjoy your new ride!

Excepcion13, that is great information...thank you!!!! Springfield motorsports quoted me some high prices, like $400 to use the dyno, $750 to get a dyno/professional tune combination. And from thier web site, they use thier own software for the tune, so its not like using an SCT or Diablo, but I need to verify this.

As for the show, I'm a member of the Northern Virginia Mustang Club, and they are having a show at Alagonkian Regional Park. I'll PM you the information. :nice:

I actually finally found someone good with exhausts, his name is David, works at Sterling Midas and he offers resonable prices. Hes fixing my magnaflow install, and quoted me $100 to go to a true dual setup, nice price!!! And he owns his own small shop in herndon, and will take care of my tloc install, and other mods that need a professional.

Later.