Purchasing a '15 GT this weekend

bt75ky

May 8, 2019
kentucky
He everyone, so here's the deal. I'm purchasing a '15 GT w/ track package this or next weekend (depending on what day me and the guy work out)
its got 46,xxx miles and its in pretty much perfect condition.

It's also modded already as follows:
Cat-less long tube headers ( 1-7/8, Bbk midpipes Mbrp race cat-back exhaust (h-pipe) version, Sr performance vertical endlinks, Upr-subframe bushing lock out kit, Brand new exedy 600 clutch (1500 miles on and properly broke in), Custom oil catch can, Pmas air intake, MGW race spec shifter(transmission mounted), GT350 shift knob Rear led side markers. It's also been dyno tuned

While I'm super excited that the car is already going to be pretty kick ass, it sort of leaves me sad that there isn't really much for me to do beyond going balls deep and strapping a super charger on there and that's beyond what I'm capable of affording right now.

I was thinking of planning to strap on the GT350 or CObra jet air intake manifold and the ford 87mm throttle body or maybe finding a camshaft to put on. Maybe a GT350R style spoiler. I'm not entirely sure.

Anyway, thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. I did quite a bit of the "easy" stuff to my old '06 V6, but everything I did to it has already been done to this one.

• Sponsors (?)

Look into the ford racing power packs, especially stage 2 or 3. Well worth the money. Stage 2 gets you the gt350 CAI and tube with an 87 mm throttle body and an adapter to bolt it on your stock intake. It also gives you a custom tune from the engineers at ford so you know it's right. They claim a 40 ft lbs increase in tq at 1500 rpm and you can definitely feel the difference. Stage 3 adds in the intake manifold from the gt350 also. A set of cams will run you about 2K just for parts and another 1500 to 2k to have them installed.

Just for reference, I have the stage 2 and long tube headers with cats and I had it dyno'd and I'm getting 425 to the tires on 93 octane from shell. And 425 to the tires equates to right at 500 flywheel with a manual trans.

Also look into a one piece aluminum driveshaft, about 800, and a shifter support bracket from blowfish racing, about 250. The drive shaft will save you about 30 lbs of rotating mass over the 2 piece steel factory shaft.

Reactions: 1 user