Purchasing an SSP

Jamie Lawrence

Dec 26, 2012
I have a 88 loaded with rust. Planning on using the motor and tranny to put in a coupe. Found an 92 SSP coupe for 1k. No motor or tranny, Blue Int. needs paint. The seller says it doesnt have the buck tags anymore. Is it worth getting. Value stay the same with out buck tags. Has stickers that say schp. Can I please get some input. Will ther vin# tell me anything.

• Sponsors (?)

Value is more to the collector than to the rest of the community, because most people will tell you that a service car that's seen tons of use and abuse isn't worth anything more than the same car that wasn't an SSP and wasn't abused. Personally i wouldn't pay more just because it's an SSP unless it was 100% original and had all the SSP goodies still on it. Otherwise, it's a cool factor thing and only worth what you feel is a fair price.

When I got mine, there was literally nothing SSP left except the buck tags and the stock interior. The floor pan is reinforced but that's about it. For my car, it's really just a cool factor thing especially since i've modified the nose from the original and now the interior is mostly swapped out for black.