Put my Dragon 75mm Plenum On

wms004

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Los Angeles
Well, got it done about 12:30am, took about an hour and 45 min (but i'm pretty slow). I didn't have a torque wrench so i couldn't screw everything on to the specified 6 lbs. and 24 lbs. I took it for a test drive and everything seemed fine.. i shouldn't run into any problems right? I just tightened everything to the point where I knew i wouldn't strip the bolts, but its pretty snug.

On the other hand, I'm very happy with the SOTP improvement. I guess my computer is still relearning so rpm's are dropping slower, but RPM's rise noticably faster. Low end grunt also seems to have improved. A little more engine noise also seems to have resulted from the new plenum but its not annoying or anything. Overall I'm completely happy with my purchase and that I installed it myself

-wade
219150_71_full.jpg

219150_70_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

4.6MustangSteve said:
Nice. :nice: I read your comments in the other thread and the 75mm T/B 'ought to help out alot too. I need to get my Pulleys and timing adjuster taken care of then I can go ahead and do the plenum, t/b, and maf.
you might want to consider skipping the timing adjuster and just having a dyno tuned chip especially since you are putting on a new maf. the chip will be able to add and retard timing at all RPM and match everything with Premium octane, along with smooth out your a/f ratio since you are changing all your intake parts. Also it'll be able to perfect your speedometer with those 4.10's assuming you don't already have a speedcal. Just a suggestion. Now buy that dragon! :rlaugh:

Wade,
Did it really make THAT much of a difference? I've been looking for something else to bolt on since I'm starting to run out of options. I'm having trouble deciding between a pair of the new Super 40s (Yes .. maybe, ANOTHER exhaust change :D ) and/or a plenum. Are you still using your stock TB?

01'TRUE BLUE GT said:
Wade,
Did it really make THAT much of a difference? I've been looking for something else to bolt on since I'm starting to run out of options. I'm having trouble deciding between a pair of the new Super 40s (Yes .. maybe, ANOTHER exhaust change :D ) and/or a plenum. Are you still using your stock TB?
Don't change exhaust on me again! You're the one who got me to get my combo. You really can feel a difference, and its due not only to the bigger inlet but the divider inside the plenum I think. I am using the stock T/B and from looking at the C&L Dyno results with their plenum, these things really shine with the 75mm T/B's. One guy on this forum got 9rwtq from just a dragon. Adding a Dragon, 75mm T/B, and bigger mass air meter and getting it tuned nicely would be a pretty significant gain.

-wade

wms004 said:
Don't change exhaust on me again! You're the one who got me to get my combo. You really can feel a difference, and its due not only to the bigger inlet but the divider inside the plenum I think. I am using the stock T/B and from looking at the C&L Dyno results with their plenum, these things really shine with the 75mm T/B's. One guy on this forum got 9rwtq from just a dragon. Adding a Dragon, 75mm T/B, and bigger mass air meter and getting it tuned nicely would be a pretty significant gain.

-wade

:D Don't worry, I'm just hoping I can make it sound even better by trying the Super 40s, but I can't make up my mind. I thought I saw a divider running through the middle of the one pic up there, that's different. I guess that helps to keep the velocity up since the plenum is bigger? That and a TB looks to be a pretty good mod from what I've seen so far and I'll have to give them a shot myself. :nice:

98BLKHRSE said:
How much did you pay for your dragon including shipping? Also, how many days did it take for you to receive it after you ordered it?

"0" shipping send Stephan a money order for $210.00 and you will have a "Dragon" plenum in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!

san~man said:
In, on, around, over, under, who cares....sooner or later, you'll finally give in. I've been bugging you for what, about 2 years or so now you damn hard headed bugger :D

:rlaugh: No I won't. Care to place a little wager on that? If I don't put them in within the next 2 years, you buy them for me. If I do put them in within the next 2 years, I'll buy you a new Cobra. Deal?

01'TRUE BLUE GT said:
:rlaugh: No I won't. Care to place a little wager on that? If I don't put them in within the next 2 years, you buy them for me. If I do put them in within the next 2 years, I'll buy you a new Cobra. Deal?
why did you just lock yourself into that :( Gears are so fun