Putting a supercharger together

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
I'm trying to figure out the most cost effective way about getting a super charger. This is the list I came up with. Is there anything I'm missing?

Vortech V2-SQ $1800
Vortech Bracket Assembly: $289
Vortech Discharge Assembly: $189
Vortech Air Intake Assembly: $204
Vortech Oil Feed Assembly: $22
Vortech Oil Drain Assembly: $23
NGK TR6 plugs
SVT Focus Pump
90mm Lightning MAF $100
42# injectors
Total: $2927 before tax/shipping

• Sponsors (?)

You also need a tune, dont forget to factor that in!

Instead of the air intake assembly, look at getting a powerpipe, Lightning maf and K&n filter.

Also, you can try and look for a used headunit on ebay, they go anywhere from 500-900 bucks, that would save a ton of cash! I got mine used with 10K on the clock with no problems.

You are going to love boost :)

You also need a tune, dont forget to factor that in!

Instead of the air intake assembly, look at getting a powerpipe, Lightning maf and K&n filter.

Also, you can try and look for a used headunit on ebay, they go anywhere from 500-900 bucks, that would save a ton of cash! I got mine used with 10K on the clock with no problems.

You are going to love boost :)

Yup install will probably be around 500-900 and I know the dyno tune is $275. So I could just get the powerpipe from MPH?

The most cost effective method is to buy a used kit from someone local or off the forums or ebay. If you don't want to go that route, buy a tuner kit for $2500 and add injectors, fuel pump, maf, and tune. The tuner kit has all new parts and is everything you need minus the above.