Putting drag radials on the car, quick question involing torque wrench

xtweakerx

Feb 26, 2007
Jupiter,FL
Okay well this saturday im putting on the new drag radials on the car for some passes.

Is their a specific torque i need to use with a torque wrench when putting on the set of tires?

Not sure how these new mustangs work. My old 90gt i would just tighten down the bolts till really tight. Anyone have any suggestions is it done the same way just tighten down till really tight or does someone know a specific torque to use w/ a wrench? etc?

• Sponsors (?)

In my experiance, wheel studs require relatively high torque, and aren't exatly sensitive. If you crank it down tight, I'd be willing to bet you'll be fine. Granted don't go wailing on your breaker bar, but tighten it until it "feels right". I'm italian, and never follow a recipe, but I know when the food is perfect... same thing. If it feels right, it most likely is....

that being said, don't jump on the breaker bar, and don't leave it too loose either. A good starting point for the drag radials is the stock lug torque for the car. I'm sure that figure will work just fine for you.

First question I have is what wheels are your drag radials on? Stockers? or some light weight drag wheels?

If they are on drag wheels, I'm positive that over tightening will not be a good thing. I put a weld prostar on one of my old cars and went to 110 ft lbs on my first lug, ended up bending the wheel in that stud area. Wasn't cool.

If it's a oem set of wheels, then take it to 105 and be done.