putting intake in have question about injectors..

• Sponsors (?)

You do not need the fuel line disconnect tool...when you unbolt it from the lower intake (4 bolts) it should swing out of the way...part of the fuel rail was bolted to my head bolted so I removed it and it swung way out of the way so I could install the lower...

The disconnect tools are like $10 bucks for the set at your local parts store but you don't need them...just swing them out of the way when you unbolt everything...hold it up somewhere with tape or bungy cords or whatever you want...

The injectors will pull out (you might need the O-rings for the injectors) because they will most likely come out in pieces or no long serve their purpose (to stop leaks)...oh and to pull the injectors out of the rail and intake just twist them as you pull up evenly and they should "pop" out...with no problems...

Do a search for Jricker...he has a post that has the part #'s for the rubber O-rings...your local parts store might have them if you ask them...and you won't need those part #'s...

Good Luck :nice:

"to my head bolted so I removed it and it swung way out of the way so I could install the lower..."

On mine the rail clamp was bolted to one of the torqued head bolts - I wouldn't remove that to free the fuel rails; especially when the bolted clamp that holds the rails will snap off the rails. Snap the rails out of the clamp behind the alternator and they should swing out of the way without removing the fuel line fittings. Sometimes the injectors come out with the rail; sometimes they stay in the manifold. As 5spd says, check orings carefully. Best to replace all 16, and lube them with some oil as you put them back in.

Michael Yount said:
"to my head bolted so I removed it and it swung way out of the way so I could install the lower..."

On mine the rail clamp was bolted to one of the torqued head bolts - I wouldn't remove that to free the fuel rails; especially when the bolted clamp that holds the rails will snap off the rails. Snap the rails out of the clamp behind the alternator and they should swing out of the way without removing the fuel line fittings. Sometimes the injectors come out with the rail; sometimes they stay in the manifold. As 5spd says, check orings carefully. Best to replace all 16, and lube them with some oil as you put them back in.

Correct...that is how mine was...I was removing the heads anyways (h/c/i swap)...but on iron heads unbolting the far corner (front) at the most you would probably just lose some coolant...an easy fix...

Yeah when I took off my injectors most of them came out with the railing and when I reinstalled them (new 30lb injectors-had O-rings already on) I put vaseline on the rings...