putting together a auto 95 roller. 86 stick 347 going in

wadman1

Jan 23, 2010
CT
i putting together a auto 95 roller. i have a Tremec tko and 1993 347 going in it.
what will i need and need to do.

again it is a tremec tko from a 93 in my auto 1995 mustang with the a 1993 347 motor. some say all i need is a driveshaft extension?

Has any one here done this?

also will 1993 shorty headers and xpipe bolt on my 95 with a bit of love or is that a no go? will the Anthony Jones K-Member and tko help with room for the 93 exhaust? Thanks wadman

• Sponsors (?)

The headers will fit, but the hangers on the H-pipe will be in the wrong location. For the tremec, you need a driveshaft extender, and a different yoke on the driveshaft because it's a TKO, and it has a 31 spline output shaft.

Kurt

Well, actually with the hangers, when you put the Tremec in there, your factory hanger mounts won't fit anyway. So you're going to have to build custom hangers even if you had a 95' Exhaust. So that's really a non issue. The driveshaft is the same in either car. You have to change the front yolk that goes to the output shaft of the transmission. The aft yolk you don't have to mess with. You just have to put that spacer in there between the yolk and the pinion flange. They didn't make that spacer when I put my Tremec in. You actually had to take the driveshaft to a driveline shop, and have it cut and lengthened. It was pretty pricy, at about $180 for the labor. I managed to find a Motorsport aluminum driveshaft that was out of balance for $50, and bought that.

You are going to need a crossmember from a manual car. You just need a regular SN-95 manual transmission mount, which you can get a polyuerethane one. Usually you just turn the manual crossmember around and it mounts up, but sometimes you have to lengthen the holes.

Kurt

thanks revhead. you say i have to change the front yolk that goes to the output shaft of the transmission. i will be using the drive shaft from my 86 that was already mounted to the tko with the same bell housing will i still need to change it?

thanks revhead. you say i have to change the front yolk that goes to the output shaft of the transmission. i will be using the drive shaft from my 86 that was already mounted to the tko with the same bell housing will i still need to change it?

No, you shouldn't have to change it then, because someone has already put a 31 spline yolk on that driveshaft. That's a good bit of savings, because I think that yolk alone is about $60-$80. The driveshaft is otherwise identical, so all you will need is that spacer between the pinion flange and the back of the driveshaft. Steeda sells it as a kit. I think it comes with longer bolts, but I'm not certain.

Kurt