Pypes Dual Exhaust

Malecoda

Feb 3, 2009
Freehold NJ
Well i wanted to post this to review the Pypes True dual X pipe system i just bought and installed on my 08 V6.
I purchase this exhaust about 3 weeks ago and finally got it installed last week. I used JDM Engineering here in NJ if you are from the Jersey area i absolutely recommend these guys, they are very cool to deal with. I would have installed the exhaust myself but I unfortunitly dont know anyone with a lift. But anyway. First thing i noticed when I got the exhaust was the muffler on the drivers side was a little messed up from the factory. The tip was welded on at the wrong angle making the slash of the tip look a little off and the Pypes logo on the tip look crooked. Not a huge deal and not noticeable at all unless I was to actually show you. A side from that the clamps to bolt everything together were a little chincy and a few of them ended up breaking during the install :rolleyes:. So I ended up with KOOKS clamps because thats what my installer sells a lot of, again not a big deal but just something i thought i share with you guys/girls in case any of you decide to get this system.
A side from those two little imperfections in the exhaust system, I am very pleased with the end result, it has a nice deep sound at start up, pretty quiet idle after the engine warms up and is not obnoxious while cruising. It does get pretty aggressive though if you get on it a bit around 2600 rmp+, and not to mention how much better it make the V6 look having 2 exhaust pipes. All in all I am very pleased with this product and would absolutely recommend it to anyone wanting to go dual. :)

• Sponsors (?)