Pypes exhaust

Umbra_Lupis

Oct 7, 2006
Well the brown truck of happy good things arrived today bringing me a package containing a Pypes exhaust system i ordered. After opening the box and unwrapping the assorted components, ive come to the conclusion that this exhaust is a heck of a deal. I got the fully polished 304 stainless steel system, and man does it look good, specially for sub $400.

Before i get attacked with crys for pics

ive already got some ready for you :p

View attachment 393209

View attachment 393211

View attachment 393213

View attachment 393215

View attachment 393217

View attachment 393219

View attachment 393221

View attachment 393223

View attachment 393225

View attachment 393227

All in all, im def pleased so far. Tomorrow morning im gonna install this badboy, and get rid of the damn dumps currently on the car. So more pics and some vids tomorrow :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed the non-polished version on my car. Let me know if your tips are going to touch the rear bumper cover. Mine do and I think I am going to have to lower the rear hangers.

Also, I had to cut off about 2" from each side of the pipes between the muffler and X-pipe.

Overall not too bad to install IMHO.

Sounds absolutely wicked.

Well it got installed today. Overall the fit was really good.. right up until the very end. The end of the tips/final hangers arnt quite right, as you'll see in the pics. Im not sure how im going to go about fixing it to my liking yet, but ill figure something out, and honestly, except for that, the fit was great. No rubbing anywhere, lots of room over the axle etc etc, good quality hardware. As for the sound - WOW. Soooo much better than the dumps i had on it previously. Outside its got a great sound, not overly raspy, and not overly flowmastery. Idle and low throttle its pretty quiet, especially inside the car, but once you get on it, it gets angry sounding in a hurry. So here come some more pics and a vid, sorry the vid quality kinda sucks, but its all ive got right now.

View attachment 392681

View attachment 392683

View attachment 392685

View attachment 392687

View attachment 392689

View attachment 392691

View attachment 392693

Right now, im leaning toward just chopping the last 10 inches off the tailpipes, and adding 3" tips and angling them and putting the hanger in the right spot so it looks correct.

My passanger side was sticking out further than the driver's side also.

I cut the pipe between the X-pipe and muffler and pulled the muffler+tailpipe section back to match the driver's side.

Really like the sound too.

Thx for the idea JJ95GTID. i went out and looked at it this morning, and yea, if i do the same thing, shorten the flow tube from the stock H pipe to the muffler an inch or so, itll pull back and be nice and even. ill have to get on that

if i were you i'd leave the same tails on there and just move the hangers to make it lign up perf. i had to get a replacement 3" set of mac tails when mine went south after 2 weeks from install(manufacture defect) ever since. i dont like the seamless look behind the back wheel. although the 3" is nice, i like the 2.5" just as much.