Quarter Window Replacement

Mark S Trumble

Mar 10, 2017
I saw somewheres on here guys asking on how to replace rear quarter windows on pre 98 mustang gt. I just got done W mine cause rock came off mower n shattered it, so here it goes; remove upper interior panel, remove clips from bottom panel, remove seat belt bolt, remove 4 nuts from window, remove the 4 or 5 nuts holding the outside panel that goes around n over top of window (not sure what they call that panel, I didn't know about this part coming partially off to do this job), I couldn't get it all the way off but didn't need to, push window out, put sticky black sealer on window edge put back in hole n install nuts. Then bolt the outside panel back down, the upper n lower interior panel back on, seat belt bolt, n clean up. Took me lil over hr to install till I figured out about partially removing outside panel then it was quick.

• Sponsors (?)

I saw somewheres on here guys asking on how to replace rear quarter windows on pre 98 mustang gt. I just got done W mine cause rock came off mower n shattered it, so here it goes; remove upper interior panel, remove clips from bottom panel, remove seat belt bolt, remove 4 nuts from window, remove the 4 or 5 nuts holding the outside panel that goes around n over top of window (not sure what they call that panel, I didn't know about this part coming partially off to do this job), I couldn't get it all the way off but didn't need to, push window out, put sticky black sealer on window edge put back in hole n install nuts. Then bolt the outside panel back down, the upper n lower interior panel back on, seat belt bolt, n clean up. Took me lil over hr to install till I figured out about partially removing outside panel then it was quick.