Question about B303 Cam?

89GTConv

Dec 30, 2003
Just got my 89 GT Convertable back on the road with newly installed Edelbrock Perfomer RPM heads, a B303 cam, stock intake and aluminum 1.6 roller rockers. The car will idle ok, but sometimes surges drops to 500 or 600 rpm then back up to 1200 rpm) when I push in the clutch and let of the gas. Occasionally this is so bad, that it stalls the car. I real pain when I'm just downshifting to enter a turn. I was told that this is a by-product of the cam and that playing with the idle adjustment was the only POSSIBLE solution. Any help ou there? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Here a few things to do. Clean you Idle air control solinieod (Iac), this is usually what gives you that surging problem. When it gets a build up of carbon will cause it. also you can adjust your tps sensor to 1.0 volt this should help you.

I had the same trouble and got tried of screwing with it and went to my local Ford dealer and bought the idle plate that goes between the IAC and the TB and it noe idles about 850 or in gear. Oh this is an AOD car. The plate was only like $20,well worth it,saved alot of headache.