Question about belt routing with a Vortech V-3

KZGUNS

I can swing up to 11”
5 Year Member
Jul 23, 2018
chardon, Ohio
So I think i may be making a deal on a V-3 kit for my car. I was reading through the manual and noticed they show belt routing for A/C cars with smog pumps. My car has no smog and is a factory NO A/C car, It looks like there will be interference with the water pump at a minimum. Possibly the alt. could be mounted where the smog pump would go but not sure. How are you guys solving this issue?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

So I think i may be making a deal on a V-3 kit for my car. I was reading through the manual and noticed they show belt routing for A/C cars with smog pumps. My car has no smog and is a factory NO A/C car, It looks like there will be interference with the water pump at a minimum. Possibly the alt. could be mounted where the smog pump would go but not sure. How are you guys solving this issue?

Thanks!
93 cobra water pump pulley. Grind the pin or do what I did and sscribe it and move the tensioner hole one slot up . You need a smog delete pulley with the blower bracket or the belt will hit the bracket bolts and support. I have a renegade bracket now but had the standard in the past . Just did the factory ac delete setup . Belt is 80.5 and tight you have to jump it on but this the way to make it happen . You see what I did on the tensioner I was testing what worked . You want a hole closest to the original as possible

2FD07982-96CC-4DED-A12D-4AEC93537089.jpeg
7C6520A1-3F6A-429A-A366-571E59363A75.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
@TOOLOW91 Thanks for the info!! Exactly what i need. I do have a delete pulley bracket laying around so I wont need to get one. Does the cobra pulley slow down the water pump? I assume you're not having cooling issues.

Thanks!

@TOOLOW91 Thanks for the info!! Exactly what i need. I do have a delete pulley bracket laying around so I wont need to get one. Does the cobra pulley slow down the water pump? I assume you're not having cooling issues.

Thanks!
Speeds it up . Smaller pulley will spin the water pump faster

duh, ya that makes sense!
well I'm glad there's a simple solution. Was thinking i may have to fab up something.
Nope a little tricky to figure out at first but after talking to the right people what I gave you works . Most guys shy away from the factory ac delete like I did for a long time Cuz is this . Not having another idler really cleans things up