Question about calipers.

I had my cobra calipers powder coated. Picked them up and looked at them. They had the dust from media blasting them inside. I can wipe almost all of it off. The problem is theres some that's like baked on. Right where the seal goes. How am i supposed to clean that off? I can't use any sort of abrasive correct? That all has to be smooth inside? I thought about some brake cleaner or lacquer thinner but dont want to mess up the fresh powder coat. I might just take it back to the body shop I had do it.

• Sponsors (?)

The blast media should have all been cleared out before the powder was applied. And any area that you did not want coated should have been taped or plugged off before spraying electrostatic particles. Now it’s baked on, you are best going back and asking them how to clean up the parts for use. Are they experienced in this?

The blast media should have all been cleared out before the powder was applied. And any area that you did not want coated should have been taped or plugged off before spraying electrostatic particles. Now it’s baked on, you are best going back and asking them how to clean up the parts for use. Are they experienced in this?
They're one of the big auto body places but idk. Yes. They definitely should've covered all that and cleaned it out before powder coating. I think some of the powder coat got in there and the stuff they blasted it with stuck to it. Really upset. Ready to get my front end put back together. I dont think you can get the calipers with the raised cobra letters anymore. Unless you find some used ones.

I do not know what, if anything much is supposed to chemically dissolve the coating. I think it is a polyester chain after baking. Please let us know what they say to use and have besides a Green 3M pad.

I got a set of used Cobra calipers for the rear of my GT, disassembled them, had them powder coated, then reassembled. I wanted to spray out the bore a little to make sure nothing was inside, unfortunately some of the Brakleen ran out of the brake line hole and onto the outer surface. It started to dissolve the powder coating a little. I was more careful on the second one. Not sure if it was just because it ran on the surface and then my fingers touching rubbed it in. Perhaps you could put a little on a cloth and try to clean it off?

Also, I honed the inside of mine, so could you try a cylinder honing tool? They are pretty cheap and just go into a drill.

I was thinking about using some brake fluid or brake cleaner. My dad said something about using a hone to clean it up. I was going to take it to the body shop and see if they can get it off. Aren't they liable for damaging them? Going to go after work today.