question about grant steering wheels and turn signal switches

brtnstrns

Dec 19, 2003
Lewisville, TX
I have a grant steering wheel (new) and we've gone through 2 turn signal switches with it. For some reason the pegs always hit the 2 plastic arm thigns on the turn signal switch even when they werent in use. I even bent the pegs like the instructions said to do if they hit the arms. Still hit them. Anyone else have this problem? What can i do about it? (I have a 66 if that matters)

• Sponsors (?)

I fixed mine

I drilled my adapter to allow me to press the roll pins in deeper. I did a few tests to get the depth right and then glued them in with JB Weld. I also used thread locker on all the bolts to keep everything from loosening up.

I had occasional auto-cancel failures, about one in every five turns, and I got into the habit of feeling the turn signal lever after each turn to ensure it was in the off position. I still catch myself doing it today (even while driving my '03 BMW :D).

KillerKittyCat - My horn button used to pop off every time it got hot outside (and I lived in Florida). The spring would fall down and cause the horn to blow until I moved the spring or the battery died :mad:. I don't know if this will work for your setup but I fixed mine by gluing some small pieces of wood into the horn button so it wouldn't slip down too far when I pressed on it and then I crimped the sides of the button using a small scredriver (like a chisel) and a hammer.

Currently I have a Pony steering wheel (rebuilt with real wood :nice:) installed with factory hardware and it works perfectly. I hated that Grant but I couldn't afford to replace it and it looked better than the cracked plastic factory wheel.