Question about grant steering wheels

brtnstrns

Dec 19, 2003
Lewisville, TX
I got a grand steering wheel for the mustang (the one that looks like it's really made for the mustang and has the little center cap and everything). So my question is for those of you that have these...how do you get the horn button on...the instructions say that theres supposed to be little notches in cardboard part of the adapter (where the 2 little disks touch each other to sound the horn) but mine does not have these notches therefore there is no way that horn button can be put on. What should I do to make it work? WE called the place we ordered it from and they said they wouldnt be suprised if the new one that they're sending us is the same way and they were absolutley no help to us...so what do i do to fix this?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the exact same steering wheel as you, but i bought mine from Summit. It should just press on, at least mine did. Just line it up how you want it and push down real hard, the center horn should stay on, actually i think it may make its own grooves or notches in the horn disk. It worked for me :nice:

I have a grant steering wheel but I cant remember which one.
It has three spokes and three holes in each spoke. And it has a Mustang Horn button.

If I remember correctly, i just put the little spring on to the bolt sticking through the cardboard peices, lined up the button with the spring, made sure the logo was strait and pushed it on. I didnt even pay attention to the notches.
Dont know if this helps but, this is what I did and I dont have any problems with it.

Stang_1973 said:
I have a grant steering wheel but I cant remember which one.
It has three spokes and three holes in each spoke. And it has a Mustang Horn button.

If I remember correctly, i just put the little spring on to the bolt sticking through the cardboard peices, lined up the button with the spring, made sure the logo was strait and pushed it on. I didnt even pay attention to the notches.
Dont know if this helps but, this is what I did and I dont have any problems with it.

Yeah I tried that but the bolt was too big so the spring couldnt fit around it? Is there some other bolt I could try that has the same grooves but different size so the spring can fit on it?

Stang_1973 said:
I'll have to use a lifeline here. I am not sure.
Any one care to help.

Hold up, isn't the diameter on one side of the spring wider than the other. try flipping it. That's all I could think of.

yeah i tried that, oh well i guess i'll just go to autozone or somethin and get a different bolt that works