Question about Resonators

Mustanglvr2006

Mar 31, 2010
Somewhere
I have the Magnaflow Magnapacks and I just installed Magnaflow Tru X X pipe and I knew it would be raspy but its REALLY raspy and I was wondering if I were to put some Resonators on if that would take away some of the rasp?

I like how loud it is, just not how raspy it is, if the resonators were to work, would it still be almost or just as loud?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :nice:

I have the stock headers BTW.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm surprised no one offered up any info/advice on this for me :( So I called Chandler at Brenspeed and he said he ran the 16 1/2" dynomax bullet race mufflers as resonators in addition to his mufflers on his car and it helped dramatically with the rasp, so I ordered a pair from Jeggs @ 39.99 each and will install them this weekend, I hope they will work for me as they did for him, even if it were to cut the rasp by 40-50% I'd be a happy camper :nice:

I assume you got an o/r x? All o/r midpipes tend to be raspy. I had an O/R prochamber and magnapacks. At start-up and idle it was deep but around 2500 RPMS it became raspy. I installed hi-flow cats because I didn't care for the smell and living in Cali, I was a little hesitant driving around cops. Adding hi-flows made a big difference. It got rid of the raspiness, trumpeting and gave the car a deeper tone. I am sure the resonators will do the same.