Question on part numbers/spark plugs

blueshark123

Jan 24, 2008
Ok friend of mine got a diagnostics run on his 2000 Mustang GT. The mechanic told him he needs a new intake tube, MAF, and fuel rail pressure sensor. I am replacing the stock intake with a JLT cai. My questions are:

1. Should I replace the MAF with an aftermarket one or is stock the better choice. Is ordering the http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...3&make=10&model=Mustang&year=2000&catalogid=1 from newfordparts.com ok?

2. What is the part number for the fuel rail pressure sensor? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

3. Would using AGSF-32C platinum spark plugs for this application be ok? And what are they suppose to be gapped at?

Thanks for the help in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Wha? Is it OEM or aftermarket? Physically damaged? I've never heard of an intake tube 'going bad'.

Oh, and the OEM MAF is fine.

I am assuming the intake tube is physically damaged/torn somewhere. The car is NV and will be here next Sat so Im just trying to get the parts I need together. Thanks for the MAF recommendation. Any help on the Fuel pressure sensor?

So Im going to order the AGSF 32PGM spark plugs. Using copper anti sieze and torquing to 13 ft-lbs is cool?

no such part #, if you want "stocK" platinum heat range in a Motorcraft, it's a AGSF-32-PM which is now a SP-493, if you want the same heat range in a copper core, get a AGSF-32-C or SP-447....if you want 1 heat range down from stock in a Motorcraft platinum, you'll want a AGSF-22-FSM which is now a SP-459 or in a copper core AGSF-22-C which is now a SP-505

no such part #, if you want "stocK" platinum heat range in a Motorcraft, it's a AGSF-32-PM which is now a SP-493, if you want the same heat range in a copper core, get a AGSF-32-C or SP-447....if you want 1 heat range down from stock in a Motorcraft platinum, you'll want a AGSF-22-FSM which is now a SP-459 or in a copper core AGSF-22-C which is now a SP-505

Errrr I copied the wrong number I meant AGSF-32PM/SP-493. Sorry for the mix up.