Question on the 03/04 Cobra spoiler

kaostik

Apr 13, 2006
Everett, Ma
will it cover the stock gt spoiler holes on a gt trunklid? i know lots of people have made the switch, just not sure if you need to buy the whole damn trunklid.

i love that spoiler, and i can pick one up for $300 shipped, already silver, so ill save money not having to paint it. good deal, yay or nay??

thanks in advance.

probably sounds stupid, im assuming the mounting holes of a gt wing are further out than the cobra spoiler, but im not at my car right now to check, and im not sure how wide the cobra spoiler is.

• Sponsors (?)

had a n00b moment. i did a thorough search, and answered my own question. looks like ill have to fill two holes.

i think ill still do it.

maybe paint some nylon plugs for the holes :shrug:

any recommendations aside from body work?

Yeah you reuse the two rear holes, but the two front ones will be out in the open. Cheapest route would be the plugs, filling the holes is a pain in the ass - I've done it with my Cobra spoiler and ended up buying a Cobra decklid after having problems with my GT lid.

You can get the wiring harness from Randy over on Mod Depot, thats where I got mine. You will also need a Cobra trunk light, its different than the GT and has a different connection as well, so order that too - its only like $9.

cool, thanks. ill be getting the cobra light with the spoiler. it only had 18k miles on it, so it should be in good shape. he said the paint was still good too.

once it gets here, im going to look around for silver six bangers that didnt get a spoiler, see if they just want to trade decklids. that way, i dont have holes. maybe post something in craigslist. otherwise, ill just plug the holes.

thanks for pointing me in the direction for the harness.

cool, thanks. ill be getting the cobra light with the spoiler. it only had 18k miles on it, so it should be in good shape. he said the paint was still good too.

once it gets here, im going to look around for silver six bangers that didnt get a spoiler, see if they just want to trade decklids. that way, i dont have holes. maybe post something in craigslist. otherwise, ill just plug the holes.

thanks for pointing me in the direction for the harness.

Are you talking about the Third Brake Light? Or are you are getting the actual trunk light too?? I am talking about the light INSIDE the trunk, when you open it up... I only bought the harness and then opened up my trunk at night and was like, WTF why can't I see anything, haha - then placed the order for the trunk light.

oh, haha. i was referring to the brake light. i need a trunk light too? i didnt realize that was affected. i never really thought of where the light came from, but im assuming now it comes from the inside of the gt braeklight. i just never really paid attention to that.

thanks for the heads up. ill order that too.

I just bought a complete Cobra trunklid for $500 that was silver. I already had it repainted red & installed on my Mach though. If I was u i would try to find a silver V6, or Cobra trunklid @ your local Ford auto wrecker, because the Cobra spoiler also has attachment points on the backside of the trunklid. I beleive there are 4 holes across the back of the decklid. Besides the plugs look crappy IMO. 03-04 Cobra spoilers are the best!!!

Have you seen what your car looks like without any wing? Try taking off the GT wing and see if you like it. Comparable to the Bullitt. Looks pretty clean in my opinion. Of course, if I could find a cobra wing that wasn't so expensive, I would buy it too. Good luck.