Question Regarding 66 Fastback

Galt72

Dec 20, 2015
Hello, this is my first post on this site, hope someone can clear this up for me. From 72 to 76 my neighbor had a 66 fastback. It had light green paint and green interior. He was gone in the army most of that time and I looked at this thing every day after school. It was for sale for $650.00 but my dad wouldn't let me have it. I was 15 when he came home and sold it. I always believed it was a Shelby. It had the cobra on the gas cap, the center caps of the wheels, the 4 speed shift knob, valve covers, air cleaner, steering wheel. It had the hood scoop and no back seat that I can remember. If it did it was always folded down. I don't recall it having a stripe on it or the GT350 emblem. I popped the hood a bunch of times, it had a 289. Like I said, I always thought it was a Shelby but when I look around on the net I don't see anything that reminds me of what he had. Any ideas what I was looking at. I don't think there was cloning like there is now and he was a kid himself and bought it that way.

Thanks Ed

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

A Shelby could be bought without the hood and roof stripes . In 1977 i bought the motor from a Green Shelby that had no stripes but i really didn't know what it actually was until a few years later . The guy was robbing parts from it to put on a regular fast back

Shelby could be bought without the hood and roof stripes . In 1977 i bought the motor from a Green Shelby that had no stripes but i really didn't know what it actually was until a few years later . The guy was robbing parts from it to put on a regular fast back

Thanks that makes sense. Sure wish I could have had it for $650 back then...