questions about wheels......

etid

Jan 8, 2007
New Jersey
I don't want to do a 5 lug conversion, so no Prostars for me. Here is the second best option:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-521-5834PS&N=700+0&autoview=sku

Would it be dumb to run 15x8s all the way around? I don't really like the skinny look in the front.. What is the widest Nitto I can fit on an 8 inch rim.. 275?

Also, how much would 18in. cobra r's weigh down the car? Enough to make it run like **** at the track? I admit, I am a track junkie.. I can't decide which i want to go with.. drag look or street look..

All comments and/or criticism welcome..

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

You dont have to put skinnies on the front, but they can be smaller than the rears. Have a 6 or 7" wheel with 205s or 215s on the front and an 8" wheel with 275s on the back or something along those lines.

cobra_blck_4bolt.gif

They are my number one choice.. 18x9 all the way around. 255 in the front, 275 in the back. Then lowered 1-1 1/2 inches with wither B springs or Eibach, haven't deicded. Then to top it off I am going to get the Lakewood shocks and struts.. It should handle like it is on rails and ride smooth as stock. :nice:

Is cutting springs a SERIOUS disadvantage when it comes to ride quality? I've seen cut B springs, 1 coil cut all the way around and it looked sharp, not to mention they are a load cheaper than Eibachs.. opinions? I don't know jack about suspension. What is my best bet for good launches at the track?

If you want to spend more time at the track, what you plan to do is a bad way to make it work. 18s on a lowered suspension is NOT going to hook and get you good times. You dont need skinnies, but a 15" wheel with some sidewall, and some narrower (likw 205-215s) front tires would be a good bet!

If you want to spend more time at the track, what you plan to do is a bad way to make it work. 18s on a lowered suspension is NOT going to hook and get you good times. You dont need skinnies, but a 15" wheel with some sidewall, and some narrower (likw 205-215s) front tires would be a good bet!

What about 17s with a wide nitto and stock height, upper and lowers and new shocks and struts?

Also, do 17x9's rub the front, I have heard they do and don't..:shrug: