Questions from the UK 98Model V6

malcolmrs2000

Aug 25, 2002
I have a squeaking noise coming from lower drivers side. Looks like the lower front suspension arm. Can anyone get me the Ford part number and a price? Do you have to buy them in pairs?

Second question. How long do Cats last.? Is it by mileage or do they just rot with age? My car is coming up for 7 years old and 46k miles......

• Sponsors (?)

The squeaking noise might be your tie rod end. I'm just guessing because it happens to quite a few people that that part goes bad. A tire shop replaced mine for $35.00, so you might want to try one close to you. If it is not the tie rod end, then never mind.
As far as the cats, i believe what kills them is rust and rotting. So as long as your car is garaged and not driven in snow, you should be good. But if it is, you should still have some life left in them.

Thanks Stangridah....unfortunately I am in the UK and Mustangs are not very common over here so I need to find the part number in case it matches something over here. Failing that I have a friend going over to Florida next month who would bring them back for me.

Anyone know of a website that lists 98 Mustang parts by Ford part number?