Questions on My MAF Upgrade. Fuel Relay, and Other stuff....

TenorPlayinGuy

Founding Member
Aug 3, 2001
Canyon Country, Ca
I just updated my 87 mustang with a MAF Harness from a 91 Mustang lx 5.0. Just a complete swap out of my current harness, and in with the new parts as well. Pretty much going froma stock 87 5.0 mustang, and upping to a 93 cobra intake, 24# INJECTORS, Pro-m Mass air, Cold Air Intake, etc etc. Brand New balancer and a Grand Tune up to round it all out.

I noticed that there are now two relays that reside below the MAF, I know one is supposed to be for the fuel relay, The question on that one is Would I just transfer the relay under my seat to that socket now under the MAF?

And also there is a second socket for a relay under the MAF, What is this supposed to be fore? EEC power?, Emissions?

Ill think of a few more, THanks though fellas.

If I HAVE TO I have a Complete body harness Which I can change out from a 92 LX Hatchback 5.0 as well. I should do it, but I'd rather not...

thanks for anything fellas
Daniel

• Sponsors (?)

Remove the relay from under the seat and plug it into the FP relay socket under the MAF. The one under the seat is no longer connected to the computer.

jrichker said:
Remove the relay from under the seat and plug it into the FP relay socket under the MAF. The one under the seat is no longer connected to the computer.
I didn't do what was previously stated could this be why my car has no power to the FP and Ignition? I resently changed my 88 SD to Mass Air and when you turn the key you get nothing no FP no crank. I'm not sure what year the harness it is out of but there is an round connector on the part of the harness that goes inside of the car that goes to nothing. Can somebody give me an idea?

Okay... I rewired, and restarted everything. Got the little 4 wire harness and doing the way in the Stang net Tech article. Started to tear apart the dash and solder all the new connections for the new harness to work. I ended up with this last night when I finished that...
DSCN0254.gif

This morning I swapped the harnesses, and reinstalled the dash to a certain extent, ( I also changed out my faulty ignition switch and upgraded to a 140mph Speedo. You can still see my Poor old Stock lower intake int he passenger floor. ahh good times. DOH WELL Bring on the good stuff)

DSCN0258.gif

after realising my Cold Air Intake wasnt going to work (for some reason it was rubbing like crazy on my strut tower) I just decided to slap on the stock style hoses and slapped the filter on the other end of the MAF, TINY LITTLE FILTER!!!

DSCN0259.gif

The Car runs very choppy. Starts up very high rpm, then once it gets down around 1200 or less its VERY ruff... Like its missing and lacking fuel... I cant check the pressure yet as My gauges havent shown up yet, but I think I might swap back to the stocker just to see if thats the real reason behind that surging.

DSCN0264.gif

All set.

New O2's, IAC(Ford), TPS Set to .98, FP set to 40psi, Cleaned the MAF, Cleaned the ACT, Still gotta replace the ECT, and New Spark Plugs are going on tonight. Til then what can you guys say about my surging....

The car runs a smooth Idle, The motor Sounds like its surging though. Maybe its just me.