Quick rev vid of my finally completed Cobra

Joe 5.0

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2002
Macomb, MI (metro detroit)
Well its been nearly 2 years since I lifted a head at the drag strip (while running 11.8 @ 120mph :nono:).

I switched combos from supercharged to high compression n/a. The reason for this was because my block isnt strong enough for 500+rwhp reliably, and I want fast + reliable. The supercharger made it fast, but due to the lower compression it was a little doggy off the line, and I had alot of little issues with the tune and components.

It was completely professionally rebuilt (only reused crank and rods) and I changed a bunch of stuff. Here's the vitals:

• Canfield 195cc heads (mild port and bowl blend)
  • Edelbrock Victor 5.0 intake (lower port matched to heads, upper extrude honed, inlet bored to 90mm)
  • Custom grind solid roller cam
  • 90mm MAF and 90mm TB with 4" intake tube
  • 1 3/4 longtube headers, 3" hpipe, 3" mufflers (dumped) entire exhaust is ceramic coated inside & out from headers to mufflers

I'm hoping it will put down ~ 425rwhp/400rwtq on a DynoJet, and run mid/low 11's @ 120+ mph

IMG_2210.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

It aint the prettiest or the fastest, but I think it sounds mean and should be able to back it up (mostly)

The ricey headlights are gone, and the side exhaust is gone in favor of dumps and stock side skirts :)[/QUOTE]

• Sponsors (?)

Nice! I hope that's just the cold causing the exhaust to look that way; my first thought was "I hope that's not blue smoke (oil)"

Yeah thats just steam, it was 25* out when I took the vid. Its running a little rich, but definitely not burning any oil.

I had the inlet tube fab'd by the guy that installed the engine when I got it back from the machine shop. I am going to put better couplers on eventually, but it'll do for now.

I have an 90mm 03 Cobra MAF and I bought the adapter pigtail from pro-m. The adapter was already on it, as I bought the entire intake tubing, not just the maf.

~ 10.5:1

Still pump gas friendly, but should should be snappy off idle. :nice:

Im at 10.5 to 1 also, I run 91 with no detination at all. even accidently put a whole tank of 87 in before and still had no pinging at all, I even run the timming advance on the high side, @16btdc.

mine with the z303 cam (gonna swap to the trick flow stage 2 soon) makes power all the way to 7,000. What kinda R's are you hoping to spin?

keep me posted on the dyno/track #s, curious to see if you'll hit the 120 trap speed.

btw, do you know how much your car weighs?

The peak hp will be ~ 6000 rpm and I'll probably shift right near 7k.

I went with 10.5:1 just in case I get bad gas or absolutely cannot get premium anywhere close and am running out. I maybe left 5-10hp on the table, but thats fine by me.

And I'll be anxious to get it out this year to the track, thats for sure. :nice: