quietest exhaust for over 500hp

autowagon

May 5, 2005
i want to keep my mustang fairly quiet, i am going to run 3 inch exhaust with cats and plan on big hp numbers. Many mufflers are made for 3 inch piping for all the turbo cars and the like but which ones actually do their job. Do borla hush's keep the noise down?? What could i do?? Any suggestions?[edit, i found an artical in 5.0 that listed the decibals of different mufflers for high output 5.0's and the borla xs was the quietest of that bunch, just thought i'd throw in my own answer]

• Sponsors (?)

dont go with anything with a "performance name" tunnel mufflers with chambers and fiberglass packing will make it pretty quite alsp a set of resonators will help.....but it isnt gonna help by far on the hp side.....

Stay away from the Magnaflows. I have a cat back kit behind a 331 drone makes long trips a pain. I have a X pipe & full tail pipes.
The mags sound great but the drone suck. I will never buy them again NEVER!
I call them ( Magnafarts) to ask about drone (before I bought them) they told me none or very little BS they lied. I had a h-pipe and stock engine no cats I hate it I spent $475 on this crap exhaust.
Stanley