Quietest free flowing Fox Exhaust???

• Sponsors (?)

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Flowmaster 3 chambers....they sound awesome with an X and tail pipes and don't really sound like your typical Flowmaster setup. They're super quiet at cruise speeds too.
I ran this set-up on my '90 for years and loved it (LTs, catted x-pipe, 3-chamber). Not as in your face as the 2-chamber/h-pipe combo (not that there's anything wrong with that :D) and very little drone. It has a sweet friggen howl at higher rpms though. I switched to Magnaflows after getting a ticket for "modified exhaust" but anyway. lol The car has an even more mellow tone now, which is good for keeping a low profile, but I miss the Flowmasters. I'm curious about the Hooker Maxflow. Looks like the best of both worlds. 80db @ idle and 120db @ WOT. How did they pull that off. lol

Yeah like I said, amazed me when we first started it. You can see right thru them and when he cranked it, they were about as loud as super turboes, without the drone and loss of power. They would be my first and maybe only choice on a sleeper!

Do they still sound good though? From those db #s it looks like they scream up top?? These mufflers are really starting to interest me.

I ran this set-up on my '90 for years and loved it (LTs, catted x-pipe, 3-chamber). Not as in your face as the 2-chamber/h-pipe combo (not that there's anything wrong with that :D) and very little drone. It has a sweet friggen howl at higher rpms though. I switched to Magnaflows after getting a ticket for "modified exhaust" but anyway. lol The car has an even more mellow tone now, which is good for keeping a low profile, but I miss the Flowmasters. I'm curious about the Hooker Maxflow. Looks like the best of both worlds. 80db @ idle and 120db @ WOT. How did they pull that off. lol

You got a ticket with a catted midpipe and 3 chambers?! That's hardly louder than stock.

They sound alright, pretty deep. Hard to tell if they scream or not, it was only on his race car and the only time I drove or heard it I was more worried about the numbers than the sound. They should be on my brothers 86 soon with a prochamber and shorties, so if we get them on you could take a listen.

I'll add that the PC is going to quiet things down a bit as well. I ran the whole MAC exhaust setup from the headers back with a PC, and it was always a lot more tame than my buddy's car with the exact setup except he had an X instead of the PC.